Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 Beams

Featured Replies

  • Replies 373
  • Views 776.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer abo

  • Just get an 86 Quaife rack... Got a TRD one sitting on the shelf :) No need to shorten it... you will remember to not turn to much haha.

  • you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.   good onya for giving it a go though.

Posted Images

You use a special gun that screws to the lid of the can and sprays out through a 7mm nozzle

 

how many cans did it take??

 

It will certainly look better than brand-new!

  • Author

I used 3-3/4 cans in total Altezzaclub. A bit of a surprise as I only bought 2 to start with. Yeah it looks really good and I'm stoked with how its come up. So much inspiration to get the inner cabin painted along with the suspension sand blasted and painted. I'd like to have the motor and driveline dummy fitted again very soon to see where I am at with the engine bay as its been forever since the motor was in and I can't remember what exactly I had left to do. Plus I need to finalise the front end suspension to allow me to part out my spare gear to fund more of the build haha

Edited by drift freak

  • Author

More progress :) Off the rotisserie and inside painted, engine xmember is now painted too so I'll be trial fitting the front suspension and making sure everything will fit inside the standard guards this weekend.

post-10705-0-80510800-1424470391_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-62296600-1424470404_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-84676800-1424470415_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-19289400-1424470425_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Front suspension is in now, after everything I've been through I now need to get the fron sway bar remade as the mounting position is different - damn changing my mind on what works best with what!!!

 

These aren't the wheels I will be running as they 15x7 +27 on the front and don't fit within the guard so I'm going some Work wheels instead :)

 

post-10705-0-60793700-1424925643_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-32670000-1424925649_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-58482400-1424925653_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-38962600-1424925657_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-02300700-1424925637_thumb.jpg

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Just some more progress shots.

post-10705-0-96664900-1431489871_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-06861000-1431489873_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-81676600-1431489873_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-54682400-1431489874_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-29160100-1431489875_thumb.jpg

Now to prime and paint the engine bay :)

So jealous, I love the beams engine and the ke1x corolla's. Makes me sad that the cars nearly are gone here in the u.s. thanks to you I'm working on my sprinter again and tinkering with my ke18 wagon :)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Some more progress

 

post-10705-0-16498200-1433277072_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-07372600-1433277073_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-16516700-1433277074_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-95810300-1433277074_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-62534100-1433277075_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-39035700-1433277076_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-22037700-1433277077_thumb.jpg

 

Engineer is booked for next week and dyno tuning should be sorted within the month :)

  • 1 month later...

Hi Luke ! I finally read this thread from start to finish last night :thumbsup: what a great read , and very informative and helpful especially all the info on the rack & pinion steering as I have just fitted the new body shell on the rotisserie for Thomas and that is one of the modifications planed so I will be logging on & of this thread many more times in the future :yes: . Any thought of you and Jordain possibly doing a conversion thread and putting it in the Wiki section as it looks like between the both of you ' you have sorted it out fairly well :2thumbs: . I love the colour you have chosen , and how did you go with the engineering and Dyno tune ? look forward to seeing the final results on what I can only say a job " VERY WELL DONE " :rocknroll: congrats on a great build :thumbsup: . :thumbsup: Cheers :- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey Stuart,

Sorry mate but progress on the old girl has really slowed up lately. I have been swamped with work and study while trying to juggle family life. I have however had a chance to assess what needs to be finished so once I find some spare time hopefully things can start moving along nicely.

Luke

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.