4Agte Ke70 Drift Ute

dbr11k

Proceeded to blow the bearings in the turbo... Yay.

can only put it down to me getting dirt in the turbo housing at one stage of me taking the turbo off, and blocking the oil feed off.

When I assemble an engine I operate like surgeon paying particular attention to cleanness. I think I read somewhere in your thread that this engine / turbo set up had been used for 3 seasons of drifting and I can not remember if you mentioned if there was any shaft play to begin with?

Hope it doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg to have it fixed. Are you going to get a quote first and look at your options? You might decide to go for a bigger turbo for bigger boost or for a different boost curve.

All the best.

Members dont see this ad

$135 to pull it apart and look at it, $850 for a stndard rebuild.. But its going to need more than a standard rebuild..

This setup was used for 3 drift events, it did have a tiny bit of shaft movement but nothing that you would be concerned about.. I will be getting this turbo rebuilt as this setup has seen heaps and heaps of dyno time and its probably the most responsive setup I could get.. I definitely don't want a lag monster..

Thanks for the kind words fnq

This thing is tucked away under its cover and will probably be there for a month or so, I've done just about everything I can that doesn't require parts, the rest is all $$$$

Bought an s13 so working on converting that to manual and getting rego, entering the Raleigh track day with it.

• 1 month later...

Will get some fresh pics up of this thing.. My nee turbo should be here tomorrow.. Never been so keen for a Monday haha.

I'm not going to start the thing but.. want an oil pressure gauge set up up before even considering it.

Once i stop spending money on my dirty sr I'm going to buy the Teflon brake lines to setup up the rest of my brakes and after that its off for a wheel alignment and a tune (fingers crossed)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...