Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Not Meeting Deadlines

Featured Replies

Has anyone else had a car show or event they have wanted to have their car ready by? I am sooooo tense at the moment, and I haven't even considered the end of year exams in two weeks. I have to swap my 5k from carby to EFI, and install the sc12 setup. Sure, a skilled mechanic or even normal hobbiest could knock this over, but I am..... Useless (engine-wise). Plus I have to get the car tuned, so I have decided to pay someone else to do it. There is only one problem now, how long will they take? I'm hopefully putting the car in on Monday (23rd) and my car HAS to be ready for the 12th of November, for Marques in the Park. Should my car be ready for then?? Why am I asking a question with so many variables?? Will the questions end?!??!

 

HELP!

 

 

Picture: The Current Situation

post-12960-0-41503300-1319019095_thumb.jpg

Wow. Mate they will sting you hard to put that stuff together.

 

Things like this should really be diy learn as you go, or else you end up spending lots of moneys with very little to show for it. :hmm:

HELP!

 

 

Picture: The Current Situation

post-12960-0-41503300-1319019095_thumb.jpg

 

That all looks familiar!!!!

As I said if you have any dramas give me a ring. Prank me over the weekend And I'll call you back if you want to have a chat over it.

It's pretty much ALL there apart from a surge tank and small electric lift pump.

 

Stu.

Forget the deadline!

 

Think carefully which is worse- missing the show or making a terminal mistake at 1am rushing it and blowing the 5K up with a bit of metal down a cyl or flying around in the SC12.

 

Take you time and make sure you are confident EVERYTHING is assembled properly and you have no niggling doubts about "why was that not fitting very well...."

 

Ed of year exams... nah- you can repeat the same year next year and do them then, and anyway, they only effect the rest of your life....

 

 

less creating threads more workin on the car!

 

getting someone else to do it will be minimum $110/hour.

 

so $1000 gets you 1 day and 1 hr.

 

i highly doubt it could be done in less than about 4 or 5 days. considering its alot of custom stuff.

 

you do the math.

 

seems like alot of cash just to get to a show.

Dude forget the car, study for your exams!

Dude forget the car, study for your exams!

 

:yes:

 

Its highly unlikely you'll make the deadline anyway. If the conversion was half done and it was a few things here and there that needed tidying up then maybe, but it hasn't even started yet. You'd need to find a workshop that knows the conversion (highly unlikely), has a week or so free (unlikely) and is prepared to work to a deadline.

 

 

Concentrate on the exams and then work on the car in your own time after. It will be finished when its finished, throw deadlines out the door.

I would say to study, but if you do need to work on it don't work on it in a rush if you have a deadline for a show make sure you have plenty of time to finish it in your own time and at your own pace, I love working on my car alot but when I need to get something done in a rush thats when you start to get the shits and start doing dodgy stuff. I take my time and still end up doing things quickly, as a older mechanic at work said to me you don't need to work quick, just work smart don't backtrack and take stuff off or do something that doesn't need to be done stuff like that.

 

So just take YOUR time to do it, learn and most of all enjoy the whole process the ups and downs.

I'm going to agree with most here mate. there will be plenty more shows to go to....and think about how much more you can have done to the car for those? do it right the first time or don't do it at all......i guess thats why it takes me so long to do anything =)

Haha! We're a staid & boring lot! Do what I say, not do as I do...

 

I remember failing school exams because I was working on a car until all hours, and working on rally cars until way after midnight for a rally the next day.. even working through the night on my Armstrong Siddeley so it was ready to drive to Uni the next day, a full-day drive.

 

NOW I know better...

 

 

I just ditched all car work this week too as I had an important interview. Leave the car and focus on your studies dude, forget about the show or rock up stock if you have/want to go. Although it'll be well worth waiting till the next show to get the car 110% ready, no point whoring something you're not happy with. :y:

Cheers, Crowie.

Deadlines for project car works.....

 

:lmao:

 

Best of luck with your exams dude! :y:

Dude I'm in the same boat (The exams anyways). Focus on the exam.

If you need sheer man-power just send me a message on Facebook and I can turn a screw driver/socket wrench (can even bring my own socket set), as for skill I don't have much (any) of that.

 

Don't worry about Marques in the Park. As other have said, if that's the only reason you are taking it to the shop to get it done, don't bother. I think the "learning to do it yourself aspect" is good too. At the end of the day if you take it somewhere it WILL cost you a fortune (and probably at least 50% more than you think it will or want it to). If you are going to take it somewhere, make sure the person know's their shit, knows exactly what the job is, and how to achieve it.

 

I'm sort of in a similar boat (need to have my track car ready by the 25th of November), my main issue is just that I'm lazy :( (haven't even called up to get quotes on exhausts etc yet). Also I'm poor, so I can't buy all of the "nice to haves".

 

At the end of the day, it will be awesome though! You just have to ask your self whether you are doing it for the result or for the journey. I think with modifying cars it has to be a bit of both.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.