Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

Yeah he owns a sweet army green 70.

 

 

by the time its n the road, it will no longer be army green :)

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 781.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

OK new issue.

 

Now its running sweet (most of the time) when I go around corners, or come to a complete stop and try to go, it stops and starts, cough, splutter.

 

My car doesnt have a surge tank.

 

Would this be the issue, though I never had an issue like this before my last fix.

 

Is a surge tank 100% necessary?

 

This may seem like a stupid question I know but all I need is a Y or N.

/\/\/\/\ your comment is extremely valid....take heed of this EPIC advice :)

.

.

.

.

.

as long as the 100 shot of nitrous doesnt blow the welds on the intake :):):):)

Edited by madKE35coupe

  • Author

Yeah its just weird how it has only started happening now.

 

I'm pretty confident all my rewiring was solid. The fuel pump is cranking.

I just filled it to the brim with fuel and it seemed to go away after about 5 minutes of driving (I'm assuming the air bubbles worked their way out).

 

Maybe after my fixing its running better therefore the lack of good uninterrupted fuel pressure is more noticeable?

Yeah its just weird how it has only started happening now.

 

I'm pretty confident all my rewiring was solid. The fuel pump is cranking.

I just filled it to the brim with fuel and it seemed to go away after about 5 minutes of driving (I'm assuming the air bubbles worked their way out).

 

Maybe after my fixing its running better therefore the lack of good uninterrupted fuel pressure is more noticeable?

 

Was it shitting itself on low tank of fuel ??

When cornering fuel slosh's around and distrupts the constent pick up of fuel needed for efi.

  • Author

Was it shitting itself on low tank of fuel ??

When cornering fuel slosh's around and distrupts the constent pick up of fuel needed for efi.

 

 

Yeah I understand that, but it also happens when I come to a stop. then go.

Fuel wasnt seriously low, maybe a 1/4 tank.

 

 

Do you know what fuel pump it has? I know when some people do the 4age conversion they mod an ae82 pump to fit, and they don't sit low enough in the tank so they start to get issues when the petrol gets low.

  • Author

Walbro external mounted under the drivers side rear passenger seat.

I suppose I can just see if the problem returns on a low tank.

 

I thought surge tanks on the *e7* conversion was just to be fully hektik for mad skids.

Wasnt sure if was actually a necessary component for daily (enthusiastic) driving

 

Before my fixes I drove it till it was almost fumes without an issue.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

A lack of surge tank has to be the issue, would probably start happening around 1/4 tank of fuel with a few corners.

 

Do you know what pump he used in the tank? Perhaps use that to feed the surge tank, add a new pressure pump to the front - problem solved.

 

Or only fill the tank halfway?

  • Author

Pretty sure its the one pump under the car Matt.

 

I'm assuming you use a pump to the surge tank that pumps slightly more than the main pump therefor the surge is always full?

With the obvious return lines etc

 

Or something like that?

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.