3T Twin Side Draft'S Manifold Hitting Dizzy How To Fix?

Crostek

Help please

I have a 3t motor in my KE20 and wish to fit up a pair of twin side draft carburetors .

But the side of the manifold hits on the side of the distributor :bash: it is a long runner manifold.

Is there a different distributor that I should swap too?

I have searched and Google with no luck

But I have found that people use a smaller 2T one?

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

It's a very long time (mid 1980's) since I had a 2T with twin webers, but I do recall having some problems which were manageable with mild filing. Of course it varies according to which manifold you haveand I have no idea what I had.

One possibility, can you source or borrow a 2TG dizzy. I think they are longer? Don't purchase one on the strength of this post, but may be a solution if it is indeed longer.

Edit: I have 2TG dizzy's (no 2T/3T) at home, so if no-one knowledgeable definitively shoots the idea down, I can give you some measurements tonight that may give you an idea.

Edited by parrot

• 2 months later...

Thanks Nick

I have purchased a 3T-UE distributor for NZ and it fits the same as the one pictured below.

Vacuum-port2.jpg

The distributor is about 30mm tall then the standard 3tc and fits just over the runners

i Think ill have the same Prob when i do my Twin Carbs too..

i Think ill have the same Prob when i do my Twin Carbs too..

It looks like with your long runner manifold, the normal reclocking method won't work. You'll need to find a taller distributor. With the mikuni manifold or other short designs you can get away with cutting off the slot at the base, reclocking the position of the distributor body and shaft, and making a little clamping bracket instead of using the slot.

It looks like with your long runner manifold, the normal reclocking method won't work. You'll need to find a taller distributor. With the mikuni manifold or other short designs you can get away with cutting off the slot at the base, reclocking the position of the distributor body and shaft, and making a little clamping bracket instead of using the slot.

yea ill just get a 3T-UE dizzy if i need to