Coverting To Power Steering On 4kc Engine

wildthing

Members dont see this ad

I feel for you with the Kingswood without power steering.

I actually removed the power steering from my HZ as it was WAY to light (and pissing out oil). Didn't have any problems even with 235's on the front with a sports sterring wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the sentiment that all of the other guys have expressed, however......

The JDM sprinters had PS as an option, as did I beleive, the AW11's. These racks are the same/similar as the sprinter and KE70 ones. You would be on your own with the pump setup, but it couldn't be too hard.

Cheers, Ian

JDM AE70-E, you could get PWS(was rack and pinion), TE70 also(steering box)

there were only 2 in the 70 range.

if you really need PWS, try getting the steering column out of a suzuki ignis, they have electric PWS. cool setup.

Edited by TRD ke70

• 2 years later...
JDM AE70-E, you could get PWS(was rack and pinion), TE70 also(steering box)

there were only 2 in the 70 range.

if you really need PWS, try getting the steering column out of a suzuki ignis, they have electric PWS. cool setup.

sorry to revive a very very old post... but i have just started with this PS conversion.

PowerSteeringRackandPinion.jpg

the PS rack and pinion above is of unknown origin... i haven't been able to find a stock TE70 or AE86 PS rack and pinion locally (here in Philippines).

as for the pump and pump bracket, I am using the PS pump from a 7K engine (coming from a locally available toyota utility vehicle called REVO).

the unit have yet to run :poke: