Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blzbubs Aw11

Featured Replies

Kinda over cars at the moment. Dunno if it's the cold weather or getting old but I just cbf .

 

I can relate to this, finding the motivation to go out into the 5°c shed is...difficult at the best of times.

 

Probably an idea to take a break from car stuff every now & then, let the batteries recharge etc.

  • Replies 320
  • Views 507.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • oldeskewltoy
    oldeskewltoy

    1) Chamber shape and quality didn't change much from 1983-1992 - means largeport and smallport chambers similar size and shape. Same is true for smallport and largeport exhaust port shape.   2) TVIS

  • Pretty much :) this thing is so much fun to drive.  

Posted Images

  • Author

Started getting a steering wobble under braking, thought I'd have a peek.

 

Found this, unrelated to the wobble but yeah. Sway bar resting against the LCA, plus the sway bar ball joint was on a crazy angle. Not really sure how whoever installed them managed that.

 

2015-07-12 11.19.47.jpg

 

Wound the links up as far as I could and gained about 10mm minimum at the closest through the turning range.

 

2015-07-12 12.01.04.jpg

 

As for the steering wobble I think the crazy offset has flogged out the front right bearings. Theres a bit of movement up and down and also side to side and all tie rods etc seem good. I'll order a new front set and install them and all the front bushes in one go.

 

Yay cars.

Front right wheel bearings? Id try a clean, repack with grease and try them. Can't hurt.

Yeah, Ive gotta pull them apart and inspect. Too Cold for cars today.

 

And if going by the rest of the car I've had to fix I'm guessing the bearings are stock original.

 

I know what you're saying, was 4 deg at a datsun event this morning in melb.

 

That sounds scary.

 

 

Think everyone in the complex should chip in $200 for a hoist

  • Author

Pulled off the edge of a driveway and did a boo boo.

 

2015-07-15 15.43.57.jpg

 

2015-07-15 15.39.42.jpg

 

So I fixed it.

 

2015-07-16 14.33.47.jpg

 

Then the next day I decided to do some more improvised off roading across some pot holed shit.

 

2015-07-17 15.33.29.jpg

 

2015-07-17 16.25.29.jpg

 

Stock spoiler back on, kinda prefer it.

 

2015-07-18 06.28.35.jpg

 

2015-07-18 06.28.44.jpg

  • Author

I came across this picture , kinda liked it.

 

louvre1.jpg

 

Just happened to find a louvre in a 2nd hand store that kinda was the same shape. This is a test fit.

 

2015-07-25 16.11.42.jpg

 

And seeing as the genuine dealer option ones seem to be non-existent...

 

So one thing led to another.

 

Made a small panel to fill between the roof and the top. WIngnut bolts into the original mounting points for the stock roof lip.

 

2015-07-25 16.14.25.jpg

 

Couple of brackets off the C pillar trim mounts.

 

2015-07-25 16.48.16.jpg

 

Done, might trim the sides a bit so its more angular. Possibly fill the lower corners. Total cost $5.

 

2015-07-25 16.56.34.jpg

2015-07-25 16.57.48.jpg

2015-07-25 16.58.06.jpg

If Sonic the Hedgehog was a car.

Edited by rian

I'm not usually a fan of louvres, but I'm really liking this one, especially with the mods you've done. And the car in general, looking awesome. Sweet to see you still adapting things to fit on this build too, always keen for more updates 👍

Edited by ollienewc

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.