Blzbubs Aw11

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Finally Rego'd in my name. Was a bit of a hassle as he didn't sign the form for me so had to write a statement blah blah, lucky he gave me a signed receipt.

Got my 12v fish tank temp gauge to put in to run a warning buzzer so it doesn't cook itself again. Plus a bunch of carbon fibre vinyl to redo the rear spoiler extention.

• Upvote 1

I had one in my KE70 controlling the engine fans. I just don't want a repeat of the head gasket incident. Plus real time temp readings are good. I just don't know wheres the best place in the system to put the sensor.

I'm worried about it leaking and getting airlocked and boiling which is the issue with AW11's. If its not bled properly you can cook it pretty quick (like when I bought it). A small coolant leak over time can airlock the system suddenly so I'm looking for a fast spike.

Theres is a lot of cooling pipes. It takes over 10L of coolant.

That block alarm would also be a good addition but my water alarm was only $12. But I'm guessing a block alarm is better for catastrophic cooling system failure.

We fitted a mechanical gauge to the Celica that had an adjustable alarm on it, so it sounded a buzzer at whatever temp you set. It also turned on the big shift light that was the oil pressure light. I've forgotten the name of the brand, but it looked like any old Smith gauge with an extra arm on it and few wires out the back. We put the sensor in the back of the block, maybe it was an old heater hose outlet.

its on this page-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64027-how-not-to-build-a-rally-car/page__st__195

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found some 20V primaries and secondaries for sale. Will whack those on with a new exhaust as the Magnaflow is too loud.

Kinda over cars at the moment. Dunno if it's the cold weather or getting old but I just cbf .