Ca18 In Ke55

pozman

did a bit more on the rolla today,

pulled the engine out so i could get the master cylinder in for the clutch, got that on the fire wall ok, but hooking it up will not b as easy as i had originally thought, so ive had to makes some crazy brakets to make it work, as the cylinder is about 10-15mm too far to the left and there isnt enough throw in the peddle too get a decent stroke on the cylinder

not finished yet but should work when its done

this should be the last time the engine needs to come out too, thank christ

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a short shifter the other day, chucked in for shits and giggles today to see if it was any good!

well i nearly shit myself, the throw is sooo short like i mean nearly 5-6 cm gear to gear

have a look at this, did it on photoshop, did not doctor this it is genuinely 3 to 4 gear

post-1114-1168070809_thumb.jpg

got a short shifter the other day, chucked in for shits and giggles today to see if it was any good!

well i nearly shit myself, the throw is sooo short like i mean nearly 5-6 cm gear to gear

have a look at this, did it on photoshop, did not doctor this it is genuinely 3 to 4 gear

Thats gonna be a pain in the butt for down shiftin but otherwise thats pretty cool dude :)

• 2 weeks later...

been working on the car a fair bit lately, being holidays and that fact that work has been screwing me on shifts, makes for a bit more time to the old girl.

got the second fuel line under the car and the pumps and surge tank hooked up. wired them up the other day and cleaned the lines out, yuk!!

also thought it would be a good idea to change the old rubber hose that is uder the car that jions the line in the boot to the line under the car, just aswell i did as when i got underr there i noticed that there was a same line running dwn about half its length, pressed the line and got a face full of fuel, turned out to be split. lucky!!

made a few hose bracket things to clean the spaggetti of fuel line in the boot, came up nice. and also made a cover for the spare tire.

ran out of things to do on the conversion side of things today, until i get the mounts welded properly so, i fixed some rust in the boot lid, think i might go some other spots on the car tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

got my cross member late last week, and i must say it is a work of art, and wieghts about 4 times as much as the original ca one, did someone say over kill, but i'm not complaining. thanks to stew and lee for hooking me up.

post-1114-1170061937_thumb.jpg

post-1114-1170061975_thumb.jpg

also pics of the boot all done

post-1114-1170062123_thumb.jpg

post-1114-1170062173_thumb.jpg

the parcel shelf

post-1114-1170062228_thumb.jpg

and my modified center consile

post-1114-1170062296_thumb.jpg

Definately a work of art :y: . Nothing wrong with overkill, looks almost identicle to mine, except for the extra triangles so the engineer will love it. Nice to see that fire extinguisher too, my bros car burnt down last week, and all he could do was stand and watch. That was just a standard camary too, performance cars should always have one! :D

got my struts back from pedders today, was trying to get them to weld the ke55 hats onto the xt130 struts but once they were widened to fit they were able to do it for safety resons, so i bit the bullet and got them to do this instead. :)

post-1114-1170303455_thumb.jpg

Yep Yep mick is a guru spoke to him tonight and he said it might have to be the weekend or early next week to do engine mounts.

might try and get him to make some polished stainless overflow and washer bottle for the 11 just cause his look horn!!!

looking good paul.

stu.

sweat as man, I'm working most of the week end but after 5 i'm all good.

yeah the bloke from pedders looked after me, he's stooked as for the rolla, he's fully like bring it in so we can have a look when it's done. i will have to get an wheel alingment anyway so ill just take it to them.