Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out

Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

performance wise there probably isnt too much in it, but the K will never rev as high/nice as the rota

Oh for sure.

I just thought the statement that a stock 12a is much quicker than a worked 5k was a bit false, and thought I'd add my 2 bob....... having had both a stock and worked 12a, and a worked 5k.

Like I said before, all you need on the 12a is an IDA and a decent exhaust system and then it will leave the 5k for dead. :jamie:

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to mention really.

I'm still trying to get the KE36 sanded, painted and on the road.

Once thats done then it will be full steam ahead with sorting out the mounts for the conversion, widening of the trans tunnel and then getting the rust repaired.

Then shell and all hanging panels will be painted and then reassembly more or less, but I think that whole deal will be started next year as I'm aiming to get a new dirt bike and my bike licence.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought it from Dry Ice Supplies on Commerical Road at Port Adelaide, across from Hungry Jacks.

Its actually a fishing store, believe it or not, but they sell the stuff for $12.00 per block.

Also good fun for putting in hot water when you have some left over.

IMGP0023.jpg

Also good for putting in 1.5L coke bottles too with a bit of water to make dry ice bombs :dance:

I think this car is (or at least will be) fantastic. Take a break from it and go back to it when you can. Unless it's a space issue I'd just tarp her up and put her aside, don't sell her off.

Although it might not seem like it to look at her, you have actually come a long way with this car. Don't give up now.

It would be a shame to see this project sold off Mick. I was looking forward to cruising the GOR with you one day....Rotorolla style. Your going to do whats in your heart in the end, but i'm just suggesting that you don't rush into a decision.

My car has spent 3 years off the road, and 1 year on. There were days when i was so close to walking away, but dude I am so glad I stuck with it.

What sort of cash will it pull as is...few hundred maybe...hardly worth it. Chuck it in the backyard under a tarp and save up to get the engine and gearbox fitted. The inspiration will flow after that hurdle has been jumped.

yeah mate, all these boys are right. keep going if you can. it was a memorial

and +1 on 67Rolla-ken post. if its a space issue tarp it up and chuck it in the yard.

would be a disappointment to see so much time and effort go like that

Well for one thing you got the wagon and that's a mini project on it's own...

In most cases why people sell the car they initially wanted to build is distractions with other cars.

The wagon will never be as cool and unique as your ke25 and won't have that personal value man.