My White Ke 11

kickn5k

• 1 year later...
Members dont see this ad

Ok as nothing was happening with the car there has been no updates for a while but now things have changed.

I have changed to to a supercharged setup.

Updates are:

7K-E inlet man and throttle body.

SC/12 4AGZE supercahrger.

Clive Cams solid 4K camshaft.

S/B chev solid lifters and Datto A12 pushrods.

Series 4 or 5 rx7 turbo top mount intercooler.

4K large chamber cyl head.

KE-55 front discs and calipers.

Yokohaha AO21R DOT approved tyres.

Custom surge tank with bosch fuel pump.

Adjustable rising rate fuel pressure reg.

Microtech D5 analog ecu.

post-2201-1234581635.jpgpost-2201-1234581648.jpg

post-2201-1234581661.jpgpost-2201-1234581704.jpg

post-2201-1234581678_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Medicineman these are your photos from the GOR was good to meet you.

This took the power from 46rwkw to 95rwkw on only 8.5psi and torque is through the roof. Only main issue I'm having is the crap fuel economy which is 16.5-17ltr/100km. Which will be fixed when i purchase a new ecu.

Big thanks to Taz_rx and Madrolla68 for all the info given in the past and everyone else who has comented and passed on ideas would still not be finnished.

And a really big thanks to Weber4x48 for installing the microtech and pozman with the fuel system.

More power and boost to come i`ll have to keep the updates coming.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

Just in case anyone who wanted to see dyno sheet but didnt see it in the 4K supercharging thread here it is.

stu__s_rolla.pdf

Towards the end of the graph it gets very erratic, The only two things we think it can be is either belt slip or BOV not up to task. As i melted the plastic bosch BOV the new adjustable turbosmart BOV should tell me wether its belt slip or boost loss.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

Good to finally see some pics.

Torque from this things is pretty amazing!! :P You made well over twice what mine made - bout 180nm'ish

How long you going to keep the D5 for? That'd probably be your biggest restriction.

Torque is a little of a contensious issue, I had a r33 gts-t on the same dyno last week made 885nm and 220rwkw then on a Dynopac dyno it made 395mn and 215rwkw. So i feel the power is close enough but torque is a bit of a guess i spose as different dyno`s figure it out differently. Id guess its at least half of what the dyno spat out. I'm going to go to a few dyno tunning shops to see differences between a few brands. The one i use is a locally made Dynamic Test Systems AWD dyno.

Yeah the D5 will not be lasting long as it has no cruise setup and runs REALL REALLY rich at 30% or less of throttle but sweet under boost.

16.5-17ltr/100km is a little excessive for a 5k even boosted, so i will be looking for a new ecu. As soon as funds become available.

Thanks for the coments everone.

stu.

:P Will be intersting when you get it on some different rollers then. Do you know if the place with the AWD dyno regularly calibrate it?

Yeah 17lt/100km is getting a little rediculous for a 5k, I probably get better than that in my 13bbp rx4!!!! :P

Never really worked mine out (bit hard with fuel cell and no fuel guage) but I reckon it would be between 10-15lt depending on how you drive it.

What size injectors are you using? Matt and I both have 7mge 315cc items.

:wink: Will be intersting when you get it on some different rollers then. Do you know if the place with the AWD dyno regularly calibrate it?

Yeah 17lt/100km is getting a little rediculous for a 5k, I probably get better than that in my 13bbp rx4!!!! :hmm:

Never really worked mine out (bit hard with fuel cell and no fuel guage) but I reckon it would be between 10-15lt depending on how you drive it.

What size injectors are you using? Matt and I both have 7mge 315cc items.

I'm using the high imp 4AGE 100kw injectors i think they are about 250cc. And running about 44psi of fuel press at idle.

A little too small I'm thinking for the injectors, but seems to be plenty rich enough though. the lambda readings are about 0.90 under boost and 0.68 at light throttle.

Havent asked sparrow how often the dyno is calibrated, i will do tonight.

I was also thinking that ej20 wrx injectors would probably work aswell. They are a high imp 320cc injector. But all that will come when i decide what ecu ill get.

stu.

What is the new economy of this beast? I am planning my ECU to use atm and looking at going a stock one with possibly a piggy back one on top of it. But if the old D5 does a good job and economy is good ill look into that path more. As you previous economy kinda shocked me even for a boosted K motor..LOL

Cameron

What is the new economy of this beast? I am planning my ECU to use atm and looking at going a stock one with possibly a piggy back one on top of it. But if the old D5 does a good job and economy is good ill look into that path more. As you previous economy kinda shocked me even for a boosted K motor..LOL

Cameron

Yeah it shocked the hell out of me too!!

Not sure on figures. I whent for a steer last night and that would usually eat allmost half of my 35ltr tank.

It only seemed to use not quite a 1/4. As my speedo reads off its hard to get acurate figues but i`ll fill it up and go on a 100km run fill it up again and work it out from there.

stu.

Likewise, Love what you have done with your car, It is an inspiration to all!!

:)

Wow thanks. I still have to tidy the old girl up a bit, none of the photos show the 15yr old acrylic paint that hasn`t been rubbed back and polished. Oh and the small amount of rust under the filler. Will get around to fixing that soon.

stu.

I had a bit of an experiment with fuel economy on the weekend. :P

Car load of fishing gear + 2 mates (one of which over 100kg) 130kmh odd cruise to D'port (200km), + an outlaw on a Buell to race = don't expect much left from a 60lt tank!!! :)

OUCH :)

Your cars thirsty as bro. must have been pretty parched ay.

My 16.5ltr/100km was mainly crusing, considering sunday drivers on the Great Ocean Road doing 50-60kmh in 80 zones :dance:

stu.

P.S. fitted a catch can i got off a mate will see how soon i can fill it.haha Hope it stops her from spitting rocker cover gaskets.