My White Ke 11

kickn5k

How you going with that "65kw" Stu?

Catch up soon

Jarrad

Its been a while since there has been an update and that 65 rwkw figure will hopefully be blown out of the water literally.

Might have to add SC-12 supercharger to the list and chasing about 90 plus rwkw with the 7-k injection.

Only decided to do this when a mate in QLD said that because he is casing more power than the sc-12 can make for his ae 101 4agze20v powered ke 70 drift car "its just siiting there pay for postage and its yours".

the list off bits i need are :

surge tank.

catch can.

throttle cable.

forced induction grind cam.

Datsun A-12 pushrods and holden solid lifters.

stu.

Members dont see this ad

Also datto A12 push rods and chev/holden solid lifters will only work with a 3K head on it.

But in my 5K I have 4K push rods and 3F lifters works a treat. BUT THEY MUST BE dished piston 4K push rods the other rods are to long.

Or you can make dirty lifters use 5K hydro lifters pull guts out and pop the top of it back in and run stock like 3K push rods. There in Felix 5K KE15 worked for years for him not a problem.

Cheers

Cameron

no.gif I have a 5k with 4k head and a12 rods and chevy lifters.

A 4k head is taller than a dished piston 5k head.

I think what Cam was getting at, is you need to run a non-dished head with the chev lifter/a12 pushrod combo. The pushrods are a touch to long to use with a dished 5k head..

Cam, the correct terminology is "quick and dirty lifters". :) The zero dollar solid lifter conversion in my 5k (with dished 5k head) has been going strong for 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. :D

Hi,

Yes what I meant to say was chev lifters with A12 rods works with NON dished piston cylinder heads only as they are taller.

As I tried this combo with a non dished piston cylinder head and A12 rods are to long.

But since 4K dished piston push rods are shorter for the dished piston cylinder head and 3F lifters are the same as normal corolla solids just wider to fit the 5K block this works a treat if you keep a non dished piston cylinder head

Cheers

Cameron

Wow that was a heap of interest in this thread after a quick update.

Cameron, Felix and Taz_rx thanks for the conformation on what will and wont work with the lifter and pushrod package. Still not sure which 4k head i have but i think its a dish top, i`ll have to use that or sorce another one as my 5k head was apparentlly decked pretty severe to get 10:2 to 1 on dished i will be starting to make new forged pistons with larger bowls in the very near future just want to get through sime cruises in the next couplle of months and the great ocean road trip and then it will all happen maybe in a bid for 8-9 psi for Easternats.

Matt it still scapes a little but about 80% less since i put the 22mm front swaybar in, i`ll be getting the guards rolled properlly for that weekend.

stu.

Stu, 4k and 5k dished piston heads have a couple of protrusions under no 1 and 4 spark plug holes.

If you are going to boost it, just bolt on a normal flat top head from a 3k or 4k. This will decompress it cheaply without resorting to spending a heap on new pistons. That is providing that your existing bottom end is sound. I'm assuming your motor has dished pistons as 90% or more have...

You liking your swaybar? :)

Doug

Edited by Felix

Stu, 4k and 5k dished piston heads have a couple of protrusions under no 1 and 4 spark plug holes.

If you are going to boost it, just bolt on a normal flat top head from a 3k or 4k. This will decompress it cheaply without resorting to spending a heap on new pistons.

You liking your swaybar? :)

Doug

Thanks for the head info its just that I'm tooooo lazy to pull the 4K apart to check it at the moment.

The swaybar is the best mod ive done yet totally transformed her, I'm waiting to either lock the diff or lsd and then i`ll experiment with a rear one, and some Yokohama motorsport tyres.

On the piston front i was wanting to find out if these heads are easy to find ill use one as i`ll be able to use a shallower dish

and achive a better burn. It wont cost me as much as you may think as i work for Special Piston Services and make custom made forged pistons. here are some i have prepaired earlier.

post-2201-1193460691_thumb.jpgpost-2201-1193460707_thumb.jpg

These were made for a nitro turbo Harley Davidson

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the head info its just that I'm tooooo lazy to pull the 4K apart to check it at the moment.

The swaybar is the best mod ive done yet totally transformed her, I'm waiting to either lock the diff or lsd and then i`ll experiment with a rear one, and some Yokohama motorsport tyres.

On the piston front i was wanting to find out if these heads are easy to find ill use one as i`ll be able to use a shallower dish

and achive a better burn. It wont cost me as much as you may think as i work for Special Piston Services and make custom made forged pistons. here are some i have prepaired earlier.

post-2201-1193460691_thumb.jpgpost-2201-1193460707_thumb.jpg

These were made for a nitro turbo Harley Davidson

Make me some pistons please!!!!!!!!!!

Boostworx haven't got back to me.