Everything posted by 200Boy
-
Johno's *new* Ae82 Sedan Project
Want a free trip to Adelaide man? in return you can spray my car some :D Sad to see you gave up on the seca after all the effort you went to. Still I guess at least you were smart and got another ae82 to replace it. Will be good to follow the progress on this one also. Just remember to 'keep it simple stupid' :jamie:
-
My Ae112 Corolla Rln-247
Blacktop head ftw, just my 2 cents. :jamie:
-
Twinky's Twinky!
Nice to see you on another forum here alex :jamie: I've gotta get a ride in your car when its back together just to see what its like with those coilovers. Also isn't it 6kg front and 4kg rear? Anyway good to follow your progress over here as well :D p.s. buy my weber :D
-
Spotted
Well then. Sorry to the red 92 sx hatch I held up down new belair about 20 minutes ago (~1:30am). I was the white 82 twink obviously. Be curious to know a bit more about your set up as you seemed quite nippy down there after I let you past. I was just getting the feel of my new tyres/alignment/swaybar settings so I wasn't going to try and keep up too hard :)
-
Rear Wheel?
awww hes posting over here now he didn't get the answer he wanted on this forum http://www.ae82.net/showthread.php?1992-unique-82 dude why do you need rear wheel drive? clearly with your racing seats and taped on bonnet scoop to nowhere, your car is at the pinnacle of performance :D lol I'm sorry dude its just when you're a sad old dinosaur on forums its hard not to haze the learners who ask questions like this. Believe the scraps of serious advice you get when people tell you its a painfully impractical idea both mechanically and financially. If you want a rwd then it's a more practical idea to just buy one, otherwise you run the risk of wasting oodles of time and money, and wrecking something that could have been fun as well as transport if you had left it alone and paced yourself. If you're just on your L's then enjoy learning to drive with what you've got, learn how to do basic mechanical and mods and try not to write the thing off. Instead of attempting something that most car nuts would never bother attempting in their lifetimes :hmm:
-
Researching Rollas
Um what? So if this guy buys an ae92 he should check to make sure the engine isn't 'gunked up' because 'gunking up' is a common engine fault? How exactly do you check that? Are you sure you didn't just buy a car with with worn rings or leaky valve stem seals that was getting longer in the tooth? Because those are the 2 reasons you'd be burning oil. Rings and valve stems wearing is a fact of life and a problem with any car. I mean sure if you're buying a car then check the km's and if it blows anything out the exhaust but that's not really 92 or 7afe specific advice :dance: If I was looking for an ae92 then I'd be looking for an sx with the 4age, but if you don't really care about power or fun then the regular 4afc/4afe/7afe will do fine. They're very economical reliable cars, engines go forever and bits are cheap. Check for CV noise at full lock either way and rust. Power steering racks are prone to leaking. Otherwise its just like any other car really.
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
details?? :dance:
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
I'm sorry but I had to have a double take when I read that :)
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
ur car is rly turb0 fasst lol. (sorry for breaking the anti l33t rule :P ) Nice seeing you out on the cruise man. No fair you live hills and get more practice than I do though. Will have to have a ride with you one day to get a feel how a turbo stivo with standard suspension goes :)
-
Ae92
First try posting in the ae section of general mechanical and then get more specific. What model ae92 your car actually is. What areas you want improved, how much you want to spend on them etc. Either that or just go to your local parts garage and get stage 3 everything :)
-
2010 Rollaclub "birthday" Cruise
Gonna make me search or can you tell some of us newer guys what the 'same time as last year' is that you're actually talking about?
-
Spotted
apologies to the light blue keto I held up down new belair this arvo. was taking my olds grocery shopping so had to snail it down :locked:
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
she home yet??
-
Ae82 4ac Ugly Duckling
I go for pussbuckets! I drive one after all :y: More pics and details of future plans required :)
-
Cruise Sat 28th November
Then what do you know, come the cruise day and Karllos is a no show :lolcry: Maybe speak for yourself :hmm: :(
-
What Would You Do Make This Car Look Sexy? ('85 Corolla)
You can get colour coded bumpers but not for that series/colour. SSV sell skirts that look nice and clean for this car but again they're in the twincam white or red. They make good first cars though, just don't worry too much about power. Suspension and some good brake pads, and all new fluids will make her sweet. Can get a lot of nice rims too.
-
Cruise Sat 28th November
I'm guessing thats a no... :hmm:
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
Lol yep, bit more driver friendly too apparently. Stock lsd's are a pain in the ass to source though where as the aftermarket ones are just very expensive :)
- Sa Off-topic
-
Soulsearcher's Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
Just read this whooooole thread. All I can think about is all the things I would do to it lol. But then it probably wouldn't be nearly as nice and clean and trophy winning as it is :D I'd say this car is a credit to you :jamie:
-
Karllos' Ae112r Sportivo Turbo
If you break the box then just buy an e58, lsd if you can find it :D
-
Spotted
who would do a silly thing like that?? :D
- Spotted
-
Spotted
I saw a corolla today! it was white with wheels on the road somewhere :D
-
Cruise Sat 28th November
Yay first home and on the forum to post about the cruise lol. Was good to see those I've seen before and to meet some of you I haven't seen before. Pitty Valandor couldn't have organised some better weather as it was pretty woeful, but otherwise I'd say it was a good little cruise :yes: Shame so many decided to leave when we stopped at maccas for a bit. VERY annoyingly though as my speedo decided to play up and not work for the entire cruise, THEN decided to start working fine half way home down Tapleys hill road :yes: Looking forward to next cruise, fingers crossed for friendlier weather next time though :y: OH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIANCA! :jamie: