Everything posted by Doogs
-
G.O.R. 2012 (Great Ocean Road) Discussion Thread
Any progress on this? I'm still keen if it's on the 21st/22nd!
-
Project Spirit
Loving the project mate, nice work. Cool job with the mounting of the cooler/bracing front gaurds together. Cheers
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Here are some pics of the lead loading etc. Only got the panels yesterday night :/. I am very glad to be back in control and that the panels are now safely back home again. When exams finish I should be able to rip out the remainder of the filler work and be getting very close to topcoat. Sometimes I am grateful for the help with the car and other times I am infuriated with my mates attitude and lack of planning. I won't be getting his help again even if I was paying him to do it!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
So guys once again having the "help" from this spray painter friend is not always a good thing. On the weekend I dropped my drivers door and two front gaurds round so he could lead wipe a few bits on them. He has been rather busy and so hasn't got around to them yet, which I understand because afterall I'm not paying him. I headed round to his house and found that the panels that I had spent so much time stripping, treating with deoxydene, and etch priming were sitting out in the weather rusting! Seeing this made me absolutely furious! I just couldn't believe he was to lazy to put them in his shed, and that he showed such blatant disrespect for all my hard work. Mark my words, this car is not leaving my shed until it is painted to avoid any more of my work being undone! Unfortunately I am stuck where I am until I get these panels back.
-
Pro-68C Ke-10 Drag Car
Awesome! Cool as :)
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Nah Stu, I race road criteriums. I have a few mates that race mountain bikes and one bloke was racing at the You Yangs. I'd be keen to give it a go though! Had a productive day panelbeating yesterday with my painter. Now I just need him to give me a hand leadwiping next weekend and then I can finish all the filler work. After that I will be ready for highfill.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Nah I won't be coming this month, starting back racing my pushie tomorrow morning. I will try to get along to another soon.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
We went really well, 4th overall out of 89 and we won the endurance event, second in the skidpad, 4th in design and best new entry. I will put my pics on photobucket and link it up soon, they are just on facebook at the moment. My folks gave me a digital SLR for my 21st so that came in handy over in Japan! I took heaps of shots of the car in action.
-
Pro-68C Ke-10 Drag Car
Awesome! What's your best E.T?
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate. Progress slowed a lot recently as I was busy testing the uni racecar and travelling to Japan with the team to compete. A great experience but it put a stop to the project again briefly. I am getting going again slowly again now as the uni year draws to a close. Thankfully I have convined my mate to come round and smash out all the panel beating so I can fill and sand myself to be more time effective. My mates gave me a voucher for number plates for my 21st so I now have the plates LKE020. I wanted something that wasn't cop bait hence standard issue and black and white to look the part. LKC was the beginning of 1973 in Vic so LKE is not to far off for Novemeber '73. I don't think I need to explain the rest lol!
-
[buznke] Rotarized Ke26 Pano
Sorry to hear that, shattered for you mate! Hopefully I will have your old beast on the road in the near future! Soon I will have some more time on my hands and I now have bought the plates "LKE020" for it. Chin up mate.
-
Kebab Night!
Put some one facebook mate, will get around to putting some up here at some stage. You missed out dude! There is something heavenly about a 2TG with sideys howling the tyres through 3 gears! :P
-
Ke2x Members Page
^The shit! Best looking KE26 out. So nice to see JDM done on an early van instead of the standard whitewalls and visor.
-
Southern Street Machiners Knox Car Show
Hey guys, Showers are supposed to be clearing up this arvo so the weather shouldn't be to bad. Hope to see some of you there. I will either be down in a mates EH or Galaxie. Cheers
-
G.O.R. 2012 (Great Ocean Road) Discussion Thread
*Crossing all fingers and toes that it will be the 21st-22nd* I might finally be able to come this year! If it's the 28th-29th I'm out again :/
-
My Ke26 Panno
Wow, this van is dope! Loving the front lip and rim choice mate!
-
Southern Street Machiners Knox Car Show
Ahhh damn, pity really because it would be nice to get some more Toyotas down!
-
Southern Street Machiners Knox Car Show
Hey guys, Just a quick note because daylight savings is fast approaching, and I thought I should make you all aware of a great event that is held on the second Tuesday of every month during daylight savings. The event I am talking about is a local car show run by a club called the Southern Street Machiners. The show is held from about 6pm-dark in the back carpark at Knox city shopping centre. If you've never been there before, it's a big local carshow that often has a good turnout of old American cars, some Aussie stuff and a little British, with the odd Jap car for good measure. It would be great to bolster the numbers of clean Jap cars there to reduce the amount of VT's with stockies! I often head down with a few mates in old cars and we cruise afterwards. If the weather is good then usually a big turnout results, I think that one meet last year had close to 1000 cars! The easiest way to get there is to turn onto Capital City Blvd from Burwood Highway, there is an intersection there and you just go straight in and at the end of the road is the entry to the carpark where the event is held. Gold coin donation on entry All proceeds go to local charity Hoon laws apply The first one for the season is on the 11th of October and it would be great to get some classic era Rollas down. Hope to see some of you TCCAV boys there too! Cheers, Dougal
-
Ratola
Love your plans mate, nice to see a change. The wagon in the top right of this pic is sick!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, I have been doing a bit more on the car, mainly focusing on getting my ride height mocked to see about clearance to the tyres. I played around with different combinations and have put together a leaf pack consisting of; the Cortina 3/4 main leaf, the shortened Corolla main leaf, a 1200 Coupe leaf and another of the Corolla leaves. It feels a stiffer and little lower, will see how it performs on the road. To mock up the front I cut the springs (won't be running these on the road). I ended up taking 2 coils off (took out a half coil each test). For this car handling comes before looks, so it's not tucking tyre or anything. I am keeping in mind that the lower I go the less suspension travel I have, which is not ideal. I am a little frustrated with the offset and tyre fitment, but that's my fault for not putting my foot down when the tyre shop bogan suggested 205s would be the go. Some nicer fitment will come later, but I will make the most of these now I have bought tyres. My mate who is a painter came round today and we spent a fair bit of time gapping up panels, and bending and beating things to all the gaps were nicer. For better or worse the car will be heading back to his joint so we can work on it, I'm going to do my best to keep things moving though. It is frustrating how slowly I progress when he is helping. I will update more pictures when I have access to the camera (folks have it away this weekend). Here is a crappy phone pic from today;
-
Me Ke20
Jesus ! Hope you are ok mate, that really hurts. :sob: Keen to see it back on the road again soon!
- The Red Baron Ke25
- The Red Baron Ke25
- The Red Baron Ke25
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate, that would be it. Etch primed; Today Mums cousin came round and we pulled out the leaves so I can modify things a little. In one of the cars he rallied a while back (Cortina), he used the leaf pack shown above mine. Note the 3/4 length thicker main leaf. This has the effect of stiffening the front of the leaf pack, so it behaves more like a trailing arm and eliminating axle tramp. Because of the similar length of the packs, we will put this leaf into a new pack for my car. The leaves have fallen ! (A little late lol)
