Everything posted by Doogs
-
10 Day Respray Ke55 4-Door 24-12-10 To 3-1-11
Good effort getting it painted in 10 days! Solid work I'll bet.
-
Choice Of Aftermarket Ke20 Shocks
Thanks for the info guys, nice to have it clarified that the shocks are the same through those models. I am interested in front shocks too, and yes I would like to keep the KE20 struts for the moment. Lowering wise I was planning on getting a set of kings for the front and then re-setting the rear to suit. I wouldn't want to lower it any more than 50mm as I want to keep things legal. When I had a bit of a measure under the car for clearance, I found that 50mm would be about the limit if you are to keep things legal.
-
82 Panno.
Nice score mate ! Longterm plans? 4AGE?
-
1998 El Xr6, Dual Fuel, Low Kms
Hey guys, I am orgnising this sale on behalf of a friend. This car is one of the last EL XR6s, produced in March 1998 . This was a country car from Yarram VIC untill purchased about 2 years ago by current owner. When purchased in 2008 the car had 89,000kms on the clock, it now sits at 129,284kms. The car is fitted with factory Aircon, Cruise control and the 1600kg tow pack. Since purchased it has been converted to Duel Fuel and maintained by Anthony at A & M Automotive. (Economy is 12.8L/100 of LPG on the highway). The gas system is a Impco Lean Bias LPG system, and a 50L doughnut tank sits in the spare wheel well. New brake pads and rotors, a cat-back exhaust and full Clarion stereo have also been installed since purchase from last owner. This is a clean, Low kms car that has been well maintained. Cheap to run on the highway and a pleasure to drive. Original factory mags are included with the sale. Price $7,300 ONO. Check the Carsales Ad for pictures and more info. Please feel free to contact me to organise an inspection: 0448 366 077 Cheers, Dougal
-
Choice Of Aftermarket Ke20 Shocks
Hey guys, I'm in the process of sorting the suspension for my KE20 and choosing some aftermarket shocks. The main problem I have encountered so far is that the only shocks that are readily available for a KE20 are standard replacement units. I'm after some more performance items such as some Konis or Bilsteins. My current plan was to measure up the current shock dimensions (Diameter, extended and compressed lengths) and work my way through catalogues to find a replacement. I also remember Taz suggesting some people have put later model KE shocks is a 20. Who has done this and if so what did you use? If anyone can let me know what they have used and with what success it will save me a great deal of time. Cheers, Dougal
-
Team Racing Dynamic Abilities Tincan
Should be fun. I do tend to agree with Evan though, FWD wouldn't be my first choice.
-
My New Ke20
Nice one, +1 for a sleeper.
-
Nancy The Ke70
Good work man, new motor will be great. Cross fingers the boys in blue don't get you.
-
Nancy The Ke70
The 5K won't be legal either but I reckon it's a good middle ground. You get a bit more go and really I think you would be unlucky to get done for it.
-
Back In A Ke20
In this case be proud of it! Flat black + KE20 is a terrible idea, it would look awful. Has anyone else noticed that flat black is used to paint things that are not meant to be seen? Eg. underbodies, wheel arches and in Holden's case engine bays. I think it is best to keep it that way ;). Plans sound fine mate, keen to see pics.
-
Race Engine !!!!!!
Go for a 5k, why spend money increasing the capacity of a 4k when a 5k is 200cc bigger to start with? Have a good read of this article you will find some good starting tips there. If you are doing the bodywork with your old man instead of paying someone, there is no reason for it to be an expensive process. It will be very time consuming but you will learn a great deal and save a heap of cash. I will also add, it's a really good idea to upgrade the handling side of things before huge power upgrades are made. There is no point having plenty of power on tap, but the brakes are not up to the task of stopping the car and the car understeers and bodyrolls like crazy. Good tyres and a swaybar should be your first step as well as replacing worn out shockers and upgrading to later model disks. Get into it! :)
-
Rb20 Ke70 Driftaa!!
Nice build mate, bet that's a handful of fun! Videos?
- Wagn's Orange Ke20
-
Nancy The Ke70
I couldn't believe the damage when I saw it on Friday night, some people just have no respect. At least the body is in a pretty good state otherwise, so it should be a fairly simple respray when the time comes.
-
4Agte Ke70 Track Car
Awesome car mate! Love the pic from the front, such a great stance.
-
Ke10, Supercharged 5K
Top stuff mate, thanks for the info on the Torrie too. Love the build. :y:
-
Kebab Night! (Discussion)
Are we still going ahead if the rain sticks around?
-
Mc Happy Day Car Show And Cruise?
Weather forcast is looking pretty dicey fellas, will have to pull the pin if it pours rain.
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
I doubt he has had the chance to touch it in a while mate, pretty busy with final year uni and the SAE car.
-
Kebab Night! (Discussion)
Sweet, I bet you feel like a break from all that SAE stuff !
-
Mc Happy Day Car Show And Cruise?
Mad, same lol! C'mon people, get on it!
-
Matt'S 7K Ke30
Couldn't agree more. C'mon Matt, mooooaaarr pooowwaaa! Nice choice on the rims mate, superlites are such a well styled rim.
-
Mc Happy Day Car Show And Cruise?
Cool, any more takers?
-
Mc Happy Day Car Show And Cruise?
Hi Guys, Need a bit of an idea of numbers so we know how many spaces to block off in the carpark. Please let me know in the next week or so if you plan on bringing a car. Will sort a cruise route and post it up soon. Cheers, Dougal
-
Vinnie's Ke20 Project
Really interested to hear this. Recently I have been scratching my head a bit too, trying to work out what I can put under the 20.
