Everything posted by Doogs
-
Wagn's Orange Ke20
Getting there mate ! I'm interested to hear how you go with the KP Starlet LSD, I have also heard they fit up and it says in the FAQ that they do. the only thing I would be worried about is the strength of them.
-
Ke20 Suspension
Thanks for the info on that mate.
- Trds Rally Car
-
Help Needed!
Know the feeling mate, but seriously once you have them you will be suprised how much you use them !
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, I blasted my door hinges, and fuel-flap hinge round at a mates place tonight. Such an easy way to strip them ! ;) Before: Booth: After:
-
Ke2x Members Page
Thought that might be the case. Cheers
-
Painting
Yes you do. For Acrylic you use 800grit.
-
Ke20 Suspension
I'm also quite interested to know more about this. If anyone finds out anything specific please let me know. I will also watch your conversion closely, could be a viable option.
-
Painting
If it's a DIY job then acrylic is usually the best choice. (2 Pack requires more extensive personal protective gear). If you do choose acrylic I would only use clear coat if you are painting a metallic colour, solids don't need it. You can wet sand and buff a solid to a very good shine without the need of clearcoat. As Johno has said; it's a good idea to strip the car down in order to reduce the amount of masking required. If you want a good result, you will need to spend a fair bit of time prepping the body and getting things straight. A glossy topcoat will show up the ripples and dents far more than any matte jobs you have previously done. This is why it's a good idea to spend time patiently getting the body straight.
-
Ke2x Members Page
Pretty neat 20 man. If it's standard I think you will find it has a 3K...
-
Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2
I agree with the above comments, it makes the front look a lot nicer. It's the same as areas like wheel arches, best to paint black the bits you don't want to stand out or be highlighted.
-
...
Interesting project mate, nice job. :D Looking forward to seeing it all together and painted.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Turns out the welding was once again a bitch of a job and it warped a bit when my mate welded it up. I'm gonna head round on Saturday and see what we can acheive with some heat and some beating. These little jobs are holding me up a bit unfortuantely, which is frustrating when the rest is so close. Should be ready soon.... Steady as she goes.
- Trds Rally Car
-
Our Old 1300 Rally Car
That thing sings ! What a sweet little K motor. :rolls: Looks like a handful of fun mate.
-
1972 Ke20
What a weird dog ! Pain in the arse... Tried Schmackos ? lol
-
2000hp 20btt
Interested to see this come together mate, it's always nice to see something different. :P
-
Ke15 Sl Sprinter Thread...
Good stuff Cam, sounds like a really enjoyable little drive. I'm quite interested to know what time you run down the 1/4.
-
Valueing Other Peoples Threads
I like the sound of a buyers PM rather than a post, and an optional autopost reply is also a good idea. I think both would solve a number of the problems we encounter in the sales subforums.
-
Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2
Thanks Tally, good to know.
-
Ke20 Suspension
I'm considering the coilover sleeve kit option for my 20, I have seen a few guys in Escorts and early Corollas using them. They seem to be a good option for a car like a KE20 where there is not much aftermarket gear available. CLICK
-
Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2
Hey Tally, Looking great mate ! Are you runing standard KE25 disks on the AE86 struts or are they AE86 ones ? Cheers, Dougal
-
The New Machine - Ra23 - *new Pictures*
Shit hot mate, good stuff. :blinks:
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, I have been doing a bit more work guidecoating and removing scratchmarks etc, still waiting on my bonnet from my mate. With the help of another mate I'm giving the left gaurd another go, and replacing the thin rust riddled steel. Last night I filed a patch peice to make my mates job easier at TAFE. (He is doing a night course on panelbeating and panel making, to aid in the restoration of a 1930 Dodge roadster he is re-building.) Hopefully this gaurd will come up quite well with a bit of careful work with an oxy. The steel in the base of this panel was very thin and rust affected, which has made repairs difficult. If you were really keen I think you would be just about better off fabbing up a new bottom section. Cheers, Dougal
-
V8 Rolla Wagon
Sweet mate, bay looks good. The rims aren't for me, but otherwise good on you. :yes:
