Everything posted by Doogs
-
T-H-E P-A-N-E-L
Nice fitment mate! Congratulations, you have manged to pull off the steelies/whitewalls look without appearing as boring or cliched. Nice touches with the colour scheme on the trims too.
-
Jdm Ke70 Wagon
Sweet build man, highly approve of your rim choice! Keep the pics coming.
-
3Tgte37
Awesome build mate, good work! Had it on the dyno at all?
-
Ke20 Rear Swaybar Compatibility
Ripper! Looks like a good option; http://www.mako.com.au/ http://www.mako.com.au/ibm_docs/mako/product_images/SignatureCatalogue.pdf
-
Ke20 Rear Swaybar Compatibility
Hopefully thats just due to the weldy then Colin... Thanks for the tip Stu.
- Wagn's Orange Ke20
-
Ke20 Rear Swaybar Compatibility
Thanks guys, I will look into those Wagn, cheers coln72 that would be a good backup.
-
Ke20 Rear Swaybar Compatibility
Hey guys, I'm after a rear swaybar for my KE20 and as far as I can find, Whiteline have now stopped making them. This leaves me with a few options; try to track down a second handy, pay $$$$ for a custom one, or try and find something else that will suit. I have heard that a rear swaybar to suit a KE70 may fit with custom mounting to the boot floor. Can anyone confirm this for me, or give me dimensions of either bar? Cheers, Dougal
-
Spencers Ke70 Touge Street Fighter
Looking good mate, keen to see how you go with the SC5k.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Recent work; Light coat of etch (still some more sanding to do); Back to original paint/steel; Reofill for pinholes; Etch; I need some longer bolts so I can put the engine on the stand, and then I can pull it down and determine what needs doing. Hopefully more time for progress soon, still need to strip the other door and front gaurds.
-
Lowering The Front Of Ke20
Are you handy with a welder? Here are some options; http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=794 http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm
-
Ke Paint Choice
I was being sarcastic mate, Aussie Export is cheap crap. Often used for a hack Matte Black paint job, which seems to be becoming increasingly popular on these forums.. Don't do it if you want your car to look somewhat respectable. Are you planning on painting the car yourself? What system did you have in mind, 2 pack/acrylic? A metallic or pearl could look great if done right but future blend ins and touch ups can be an issue. What is your budget? Have a bit of a look round for pics of rollas across the world that you like, personally I get pretty good inspiration from the old Jap scene. I think you really need to see a colour applied to another car to help make a decision.
-
Dale'S Ke20 Rebuild
Looks/clearance for wider rims.
-
Ke Paint Choice
Particularly Aussie Export, you really get what you pay for....
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, Not all that much happening at the moment. Time is scarce with Uni, Work and SAE. I have tyres on my rims and I'm gonna sort some coilover sleeves on the front. Not looking forward to seeing the fitment :S 205/60/13s on 6s! Just have to buy some more period 7s or 8 S with stretch! :P I have my first free day for a long time next Sunday so I will make some more progress of my own. Having a mates "help" has just slowing me up because he has way to many projects. No point rushing things though so I'll keep working my way through in my own time. Also I bought a 5k, 5 speed and custom plennum made from XF falcon runners from Loupee. Keen to get an engine build going soon (time premitting) and I'm leaning towards a dedicated gas setup on an Impco or GRA. Cheers,
-
4Kc Power
I assume you plan on running a mixer system? I think it is a worthwhile option if you can be bothered setting it up, and really should't be written off as quickly as everyone suggests. Yes if you use a mixer system you will lose a bit of power over a petrol setup, but if it's not an all out race motor where every kw counts who cares? For a street car wouldn't you rather get heaps of driving at a cheap price, rather than pay a large fuel bill for a little more power? If you setup the cam/ignition to suit there is no reason why it can't be a pretty decent motor that will cost you bugger all to run. Another consideration is the rebate available. It can be far more expensive to get a decent set of sideys setup, than put on a dedicated gas system with a rebate. If you were getting really serious then you could consider a liquid injection setup, which would actually pickup power over petrol! But this would not be cheap. Also if you are worried about the power figures, you could always run a turbo setup... IMO it is definitely worth the thought, do something different! :)
-
Ke17 Sleeper Project
If you are handy with a welder here are some good options; http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=794 http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm
-
My New Ke25
Awesome, he does'nt still have the molds does he?
-
Roll Cage Drift Spec S Wanted
Mods, isn't this in the wrong section?
-
My New Ke25
Awesome car, keen for some vids/action shots. Did your Dad make up the fiberglass panels?
-
Vic Drift 27Th
Right you are Evan. Where's yours? :P Pity I'm gonna miss this one guys, keen to head out to something else soon.
-
Ms65 Cruiser
Looking great Tate, I was admiring how clean it was looking when I saw it at Hanging Rock. Cool wedding shots too.
-
My New Ke20
Quad lights look mean, nice job. Did you just use two sets of KE20 lights?
-
Rollaclub Go Karting Day - Silhouette
I'm pretty keen, but can't confirm just yet.
-
Ke70, True 1982 Timewarp. Check It Out!
New seats look good mate. That's not good news about the red car, how did it happen?
