Everything posted by Doogs
-
My Little Ke 20
Sounds good, any reason that you didn't go for a 5k?
-
1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon
If only I had storage space... Hopefully someone has the space/commitment!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate. Picked up some headlining clips from Peter Robinson today so I should be able to put it in this weekend.
- Ls7 Ke70 Racecar Build!!
-
My Little Ke 20
Looks good mate, what motor are you building for it?
-
Redmond The 74' Leyland Mini
Nice car mate! The steering wheel is not for me but the rest of the car is great.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate, sure is! Pity I will be running bogan spec sidewalls for a while. Good news recieved today is that my hassling of the trimmer has worked! He has now finished my headlining, and I called Peter Robinson and he should be able to help me with the clips. More pics/updates soon. :)
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate, it doesn't have to take this long! I just had a few hold ups and learnt some lessons the hard way.. I fitted the front door seals the other day and re-painted the boot. Still needs beltline molds, screens, 1/4 windows, parcel shelf etc. Still waiting on the bloody trimmer!
-
1975 Ke20 1200 Hi-Deluxe Restoration
Woodgrain dash and aircon, pimp! Wish we had such options... Nice work mate, keep at it!
- Ke30 2 Door Sedan Project. Check It Out!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hi guys, the drivers and passenger's windows and winder mechanisms are now fitted with new bailey channel. Spent a bit of time messing about adjusting them and lubing them up, but now they operate fairly smoothly. I also fitted the door handles (inner and outer) and lock mechanisms, these also required a bit of loosening up. Hopefully I can take a day off work this week and then I can make up a new boot divider and parcel shelf, and also clean up the boot and dash top panel. It was great seeing all the cars at Toyota Winterfest today, gave me plenty of new ideas and spurred the motivation again. I even came across a KE20 that was very similar to my car at the start of the build. It was a bit of a deja-vu experience!
-
All Toyota Winterfest 2012 - Sunday June 24Th 2012
Great event, I really enjoyed seeing some new cars. Can't wait for Classic Japan this year!
-
All Toyota Winterfest 2012 - Sunday June 24Th 2012
I will be there Toyota-less :/ Still a fair bit of polishing to go as well as re-assembly of glass/rubbers/interior. Also waiting on the trimmer to finish my headlining.
-
My White Ke 11
Keen to see this at Winterfest mate, hope the engine work is going well! I will have to pick your brains about blower setups on Sunday. Cheers
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Ahahaha I'm pretty keen about seeing it finished too mate! I didn't get anything done yesterday due to a bit of a hangover, but today I progressed a bit more with the wet rubbing/polishing. Hopefully I will finish the rest of the polishing next weekend.
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Keen to see the outcome of this Evan, should go well!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers gents. I will be getting stuck in again this weekend with some more polishing and I might put some of the rubbers and glass back in. Then I will just be waiting on the headlining, I will call the trimmer on Friday to hassle him. I doubt I will make it to winterfest at this rate...
-
Budget Racer
Awesome, thanks for that advice mate. Very handy!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, Recently with the help of a few mates I hung the panels on the car. I have also been wet rubbing and cutting the paint, there is still a bit to go. Yesterday I dropped my old headlining to the trimmer so he could use it as a template. The new one will be velour in "sandalwood" which is a creamy/beige colour. I am hoping that the velour headlining will be a bit easier to fit than vinyl, and hopefully it won't look too out of place. I am also getting new wheel arch trims. I expect the trimmer might hold me up a bit, he was fairly slow when he did the seats. I will have to keep on his case!
-
Ke30 400Chev
Awesome build mate, could you post more pics of the fabrication process? Cheers
-
73 Ke20
Hey mate, was this one on Ebay? What are your plans for it?
-
13Bt_Ke20's Ride
What is the sway bar out of? I didn't know they made anything that thick for a 20...
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, I have progressed a bit more this weekend but the photos really don't do justice to the hours spent! I wet rubbed all of the panels and spent quite some time on removing part of the dash so I can freshen it up. Unfortunately I have had a few rub throughs so I will need to touch them up soon. Later this arvo a mate came round and helped me have a first cut at the roof, bloody stoked with how it is looking. Thanks Mike! I need to finish wet rubbing to remove all the orange peel/pitting and then I can re-hang the panels and cut + polish. Getting close now but there are still many man hours to go.
-
Jordains 69 Rolla.
Looking good mate, I reckon either the SSR Mesh or MkII's will look tops. MkI's just aren't my thing. Great stance mate. :y:
- Genuine Te37 Levin
