Everything posted by Doogs
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, Bottom end machining has been completed at last, I still need to pick it all up and then cc the head and get the top end sorted. I also purchased a new Exedy HD clutch and that was balanced to the flywheel, in addition to all the rest of the internals that were balanced. Can't wait to slap it all together once my exams are done! :D
- Wagn's Orange Ke20
-
1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion
Cool project mate, I will be following closely.
- Wagn's Orange Ke20
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.
-
Ke10, Supercharged 5K
Any panel damage?
- Ls7 Ke70 Racecar Build!!
-
My Kp61 Sprint
This is soooooo cool. Man I wish we had these is Aus, such potential! Will you stick with the 4k long term?
- Ls7 Ke70 Racecar Build!!
-
My White Ke 11
Cool, thanks mate. A mate has one for me that I am yet to collect, but if that falls through I will follow up these guys. I remember the name popping up on the forums a while back.
-
My White Ke 11
Hey Stu, What's the rear bar from? Is it and aftermarket KE11 one or something else modified to fit?
-
Cars, Coffee & Donuts - 2013 Calendar
Great meet, good to get some more motor/brake ideas Stu/Leeroy/Paul! Also enjoyed the little spin in 'PEECHS" very cool rig. :y:
-
4Age Supercharger Conversion.
You would be a lot better off starting with a 4AGZE, for starters you will need to move a lot of the ancillaries to the other side of the motor so you can mount the blower. You will also need a blower, ECU, piping etc. I'd say you would find a complete motor cheaper than that..
-
The Go-Kart - Doogs Aw11 Mr2 Sc
Hey guys, I lowered the car last week before our Haunted Hills day, and now it has a much firmer ride and handles a bit better with the help of some more camber and castor. I was surprised how much the kings brought the car down, it really accentuates the need for some wider/better offset wheels! I managed to borrow some 16x7.5 +35 BBS wheels off a mate with better tyres for Sunday, and so that helped with grip a bit. We had a dry morning on the track but then at lunchtime it rained so for the first half of the arvo we had a lot of wheelspin and not much else! It was good to get more of a feel for the car and find out what needs tweaking. I had one hairy moment as shown in the vids but thankfully managed to save it somehow! lol I'm keen to get some semi-slicks on the car and also adjustable bars and an LSD in the near future. Might not go as extreme as this :P; Here are some videos from the mornings session; (not all the MR2 ones have been uploaded yet but I will do so tonight) I think my rear RH CV might be on the way out so I'm gonna park it up until I have a chance to give the car a good work-over. Cheers, Dougal
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Buy it from Summit or elsewhere?
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Yesterday I went down to Crankshaft Rebuilders in Blackburn with my second cousin who's helping me build my motor (he has a few tricks up his sleeve he is happy to teach me after many years in the game). The guys down at Crankshaft Rebuilder's have known him for years and so I expect they will look after me. I left them with my; Block + caps Pistons/rods Flywheel Crank We will be going for a set of pistons afterall ($100 for 0.040'' oversize with a shallower dish to up the comp). They will also be hot tanking the block and measuring critical dimensions. crack test crank, linish worn journal, balance everything, supply a set of copper/lead bearings (should be a bit more resilient and have some self lubricating properties in the event of mild oil starve/surge). i still need to; Pull down the head and cc the bowls, port and rebuild with new stem seals and seat job, decide on hydro or solid lifters, head to Clive Cams for a nice lumpy cam, sort ignition, paint bay, struts and brakes (XT130/RA60 struts and hubs, MA61 slotted and vented rotors, Cressida or RX7 calipers, coilover sleeve kit, AE86 steering arms, T Series diff or BW78 with LSD. Heaps still on the cards! Cheers, Dougal
-
The Go-Kart - Doogs Aw11 Mr2 Sc
Credits to emts on SAU for the below video, thanks heaps! Interesting for me to see how the car behaves from outside, definitely single pegging hard! Need to get a rear ARB and LSD soon too.. http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200390731483774 I'm lowering the car this week before heading to a Haunted Hills practice day on Sunday, can't wait!
-
Cars, Coffee & Donuts - 2013 Calendar
Yeah I reckon I could convince him to get off his arse! I will see if Brad is keen on bringing the AW11 as well, be great to have a Sunday morning cruise. PS. I'm also keen on Jells Park, good venue!
-
Cars, Coffee & Donuts - 2013 Calendar
Skyhigh will be great, anyone keen for a cruise out towards the Yarra Valley afterwards?
- The Red Baron Ke25
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
Where are you getting the cam ground?
- The Red Baron Ke25
-
Evski's Re55 22R Goodness
LOL serious cam there Evski! Looking forward to the new lumpy idle.
- The Red Baron Ke25
-
Indelible's 74 Ke30 Sr20Det Coupe
Awesome, I love the idea of a screamer on the street but I don't think the boys in blue share that opinion! :fuzz:
