Ke10, Supercharged 5K

KEI069

Ok so i have been looking around on this site for a while now and i find it quite enjoyable checking out everyone's ride

so i thought i would start a thread on this little Ke10 that i have been playing with for the last 3 years.

This car is to be my wifes daily driver when its all together. The story started after i sold my last Ke10 that i owned

when first met and after selling it we decided that we missed the little bugger, so we went and bought another.

unfortanetly i don't have pics when we drove it home but it was white, rust free and 4k, 4 speed powered and

that was six years ago.

so three years ago we started pulling apart with the intention of a full rebuild. it was taken back to bare metal

and had a few small body mods done to clean the look up

My wife had the custom colour mixed up and the paint went on

post-7378-1281223021.jpg

there is still a lot to do but it is coming along nicely.

The engine choice was an easy one for me and it had to be a K series.

my last attempt was a 4K with fuel injection and made 96 rwhp so obviously the next step was to go

5K with a supercharger.

post-7378-1281224205.jpg

This engine work and setup has taken the last 18 months and i can't wait to see how it goes, when i get some more time

i will get some more pics up and some more progress reports

hope you enjoy and feel free to comment

Justin

Edited by KEI069

Members dont see this ad
Looks like fun. What are those hub caps ?

Thanks for the comments guys. The rims are mazda 13 x 4 on the front and the rears widened

to 13 x 6 and then had them chromed. the hubcaps are a hotrod item to fit ford or early chev

rims and had to be modified to work on these, their held on with three small stainless bolts

post-7378-1281257631.jpg

And now the engine has been united with Peaches

post-7378-1281257782_thumb.jpg

Just gotta get the rest of the driveline in maybe next weekend and make up some new brake lines

Sweet setup.

I've had ideas in my head of one day doing a corolla drag car one day. Tube frame front end KE30 2 door. 7k with a charger mounted exactly where you have yours and a big holley/carter carby hanging off the top of it. Bug catcher like that hanging out of the bonnet. Basically a bit of a piss-take on the V8 drag car look. I figure even with the small engine you'd still have a lot less weight than a commonwhore/falcon so wouldn't be too much slower.

Keen as to see how this goes. ;)

Edited by Taz_Rx

man thats awesome!

great looking colour, and those wheels are cool as.

do you have any closer pics of that inlet manifold/charger combo?

the ke10 really is a great shape!

the plan from the start was to go through the bonnet, if youve got a blower show it off i reckon

post-7378-1281345712_thumb.jpg

post-7378-1281345804_thumb.jpg

A mate of mine works at a cylinder head reconditioning shop and he did all the machine work

which is just awesome. the finish on all alloy parts is aquablasting the only paint is on the engine

block and sump.