Everything posted by Doogs
-
Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.
Lol that ad is priceless! Yep etch is good for ferrous metals and steel is one if them (steel is iron + carbon). Etch primer really bites into the surface well and has good anti-corrosive properties. Even though acrylic etch won't completely seal the surface, it still helps keep rust at bay whilst you are working elsehwere. You will only really have a problem if the panel is actually getting rained on. It should slow down rust due to moisture in the wet winter air though.
-
Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.
Looking pretty good mate. My only worry is that the bogged seams in the engine bay will crack up when the car flexes, during normal driving. Good to see you have started priming baremetal once you have stripped it. If you can work away bit by bit and treat the strippped metal with deoxydene and etch primer as you go, it is less likely to rust away on you while you are working on other areas. This also saves you rust converting over bog (which is not best practice). Keep going mate, I have found that a planned and systematic approach really helps you keep track of where you are at on the project.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Soooo exams are now finished and I have some time on my hands. I will be pretty busy for the next 8 weeks between this, the SAE car and working. In the time I have I'm going to try and get things flying along again. Not the best time of year for panelwork but thems the breaks. Stripped back a few panels in the last day or two; This week I'm looking at getting the car down to the final ride height, allowing me to modify the wheel arches as needed for the new tyres.
-
Tccav Cars, Coffee And Donuts June 19Th 2011
Awesome morning! Have to agree about the slant front, it's just such a pity it is an auto!
-
Tccav Cars, Coffee And Donuts June 19Th 2011
I'll be coming down for a look, Toyotaless once again though.
-
[Ke20Xx]...Mark'S Ke20
Shit yeah! Progress :) Nice one mate, keep the updates coming.
-
Budget Racer
Thanks mate, will look into it some more.
-
The Oz Hip-hop Thread
I'm also loving all the rappertag stuff on YouTube, good shit! :)
-
The Oz Hip-hop Thread
Hey guys I have been listening to a lot of Hip Hop recently including; Pegz, Urthboy, The Herd, Illy, TZU, Joelistics, 360 and Horrorshow. I can't see when I last posted because I'm on my phone but this year I have seen live; Illy, Mphazes, 360, Briggs, Urthboy, The Herd, Joelistics (twice, supporting Urthboy and The Herd). All were awesome, really loving the new Joelistics stuff. This is the real deal, none of this mainstream crap! Looking forward to seeing Horrorshow soon when they support Bliss n Eso.
-
Toyota Starlet 9.7@136Mph
I didn't say it can't be done, I just don't think it's worth the effort. There are some pretty quick FWD lancers going around, but I think they had to stuff around a fair bit with the suspension to get the thing to handle. It's pretty counter-intuituive having a car that throws all the load off the driving and steering wheels when it launches.
-
Josh's Ke70
Awesome mate, a nice no bullshit car. Keen to see the circuit footage.
-
Toyota Starlet 9.7@136Mph
Not the only one! FWD cars at the drags are a joke. That is an awesome little Starlet, nice job.
-
My 83 Ke70 Build
Good work mate, you are ripping through it! Gaurds look good.
-
Nancy The Ke70
Awesome, I will have to come up for a look soon..
-
Cuzzo'S 4Agte Ke30 Rip -Reincarnated!
Looking forward to more progress mate, been an interesting build so far.
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
I wouldn't have got in the car with him..
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
Lol Evan, I meant bangers as in burnouts. Keybangers are even worse, unless of course you don't mind replacing mufflers often..
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
*Insert generic rant here; about how I'm really actually a good driver now that I'm past P plate age, and all P platers are terrible* I will agree that there are plenty of bad P platers out on our roads, but I think the attitude from the general public that suggests all P platers are terrible is a drastic generalisation. I think one of the issues is that the poor behaviour is far more obvious than sensible driving, and it tends to stick in your mind more. How many times when you are out driving do you think; "wow that person is driving sensibly"? Hardly ever. The bad actions tend to stick in your mind far more than the good, and so as soon as you see someone acting the fool you begin forming the veiw, "ahh just another d*&khead P plater". There are many poor drivers on our roads and I think that the P platers are just far more noticable than others, because you can always distinguish them by seeing the plates. In my opinion our licensing system is far too soft in many aspects, and many poeple do not posess proper car control skills particularly in the event of an emergency. I think that our driving tests should constain more defensive driving skills and some element of emergency car control. I also think re-testing periodically is needed, because the reality is that most people get lazy and complacent. Also I'm sure you would find that if you surveyed most drivers you would find that a very susbstantial nunber consider themselves good or above average drivers. Many people see driving as a right and not a privlage, and I think this is another source of problems. Our system needs a major workover, but realistically I doubt it will ever get the changes it needs. Another issue is that to try and solve road problems, all the governements and road authorities do is bring in more laws. Often these laws target drivers that are already law breaking, so really they have little effect. I have seen such examples when they tightend up passenger laws etc for P platers in Victoria. The laws hurt the sensibe drivers and the problematic drivers either ignored the laws altogether, or hid passengers in boots or under rugs etc in the back seat. As you can probably tell I am a P plater, but contrary to popular beleif I don't spend my Saturday nights doing bangers or drag racing on Prinny Hwy. Guess I'm one of those invisible ones you cut off the other day without indicating... :P
-
My Sick Ke55
Looks to be agood starting point, hopefully they did a good job with the paint. Those chromies on the blue car are awful, hope you don't plan on using them lol...
-
Rollaclub Stickers
Keen for some of the red jap Toyota logo stickers if you have them.
-
Rust Removal
Pics of said rust? Do you plan on respraying the whole car? What is your budget?
-
Eoi - Road Trip To Qld And Everything Between
Could be a fun trip. I trekked up over easter in a mates GT Falcon for the nats in Brissy. There were quite a few nice roads along the way. I'd say spares will be a must.
- 4K Twin Cam
-
Budget Racer
Build is coming along well mate. Could you give me some specs on the Commodore swaybar please? Diameter/length between arms, length of arms? Cheers, Dougal
-
The Seeda.
+1 for some dished jap wheels. Fitment and cruise with it! Done.
