Cuzzo'S 4Agte Ke30 Rip -Reincarnated!

cuzzo

Hey peoples,

Rad Rollaz has been looking for my members ride thread, but i havent put one up yet untill now.

There alot of things i have forgotten and I'm sorry its so long.

Original Specs of the initial build:

KE30 Corolla 1977 Model CS. Apparently resprayed 10 years ago

Old motor: (Now with cracked piston on number 3)

4AGTE with a TD04L turbo 12PSI then 15 then 20.

4AGTE consists of one bigport 3Rib block with 200'00kms on it. TRD headgasket (pretty sure its 1.8mm) and a Smallport Head with Manifold been cut on the runners and flipped around.

7MGTE 440cc Injectors

Malpassi Rising rate Fuel Reg.

VL Turbo Fuel pump with in tank pump

New Steel Fuel Line 7mm

Ebay Turbo Manifold Re-drilled for a 16V.

Microtech LT10s ECU with Ignitor Box

GZE coils

Dizzy converted to CAS

EBAY Largeish Front Mount Cooler.

Oil relocation kit and Oil Cooler hiding.

AE71 Radiator straight out of the wreckers with Davis Craig 14" Thermo fan. Its runs off the Whitzl's relay diagrams.

Standard AE82 Airbox with cheap air filter

Custom 3"inch exhaust high flow from dump pipe to tip.

Gearbox

T50 gearbox with Brass button cluch and heavy pressure plate.

Diff

T-series Diff Open Centre with Koni Red adjustable shocks. Good for getting better traction with minimal tramp.

Brakes

Rona/Pug/Lux brakes with Pajero MC 15/16th. Adjustable Coil-Overs with 6kg/mm Springs and KYB AGX shocks. Big thanks to Dave from ###### for doing this for me.

Rear Disc brakes from the Avante Corona on the T-Series Diff

Other Specs

Battery now in boot with thick welding cable going to the passenger kick panel and splits of to dash and starter motor, with a fuse at the Battery and one circuit breaker on the dash supply. Did have one on the starter motor supply but kept flicking. 1976 Corolla KE30 Seats front and back

Interior

New Carpet (Super Plush Pile with underlay)

Re-Covered Door Cards and Parcel Self with Black Vinyl from Spotlight

Monster Tacho with Shift Light

HKS Boost Gauge

Cheap Steering Wheel Autotechnica

Pioneer Head Unit on the Auto plastic console, Fusion 6" speaker mounted on Parcel Shelf, Fusion Amp, Fusion 12" Sub in dodgey box

Exterior

All from when i bought it, except for wheels that fit and a FMIC.

Couple of pics:

Started Like this:

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

Stock 3k Engine Bay

P0303.jpg

Suspension:

coilovers.jpg

Amplifier:

p0528133450bf6.jpg

Door Cards:

P0328.jpg

P03291.jpg

Seats: (Not bad for 30 years)

P03292.jpg

Boot:

P0728_164819.jpg

Fuel Setup:

000_0118edit.jpg

First day around the block on 0psi

rolla2.jpg

The First Day and Run At WSID, I broke the T-series Diff. Sheered Off one side axel and twisted the other side

dsc00125jk7.th.jpg

Thats hanging on my wall I'm my room. Can you see the piece of axel in the middle of the two pics?

Edited by cuzzo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next stage of the Saga:

Purchased a Diff from AE35GT which is a Borg Warner 75 series with Drum Brakes and a mini-spool. We wacked that in there along with a second T50 gearbox because the first one sheered 2nd gear completly off.

Took it to the drags again:

070307054qd1.jpg

Best time on street tyres on 12psi was 13.4 at 104mph 2.2 60 foot

Next Wednesday straight down to WSID again:

140307467tb5.jpg

Now on 15psi with street tyres. Best time 13.06 @ 104mph 2.0 60 foot

wsid2editov5.jpg

Next part of the Saga:

The t50 gearbox didnt feel particularly good when slamming it for second gear burnouts so i had to bite the bullet and get a supra gearbox.

I had already purchased a Niteparts Bellhousing from the toymods group buy and was just awaiting a supra box to come up for sale.

Put all the good gear in after getting a slightly shorter tailshaft made up and a yoke change. She was all ready to go to WSID again.

On Anzac day i had i bit of a big one and didnt get home till 12:00pm. The racing started at 8:00am. That morning we also had to finish fabricating up a gearbox crossmember. So my brother got busy and a few bits of steel and lots of weld later, he was driving her down to WSID.

I met him down there just as he lined up for the next run. Wound the boost right up, heated the tyres up on a 2nd Gear burnout (on a prepped track)

Burnout:

wsid301.jpg

She ran a 12.7 on 104mph 1.8 60 Foot.

Super Happy. On the return road the starter guy came over and gave as one of the bellhousing bolts which was left on the line after the burnout. LOL. So i flogged one out of my ae82 which i also had at the track. Away she went.

I went to get a drivers pass after many minutes of fkn around. I jumped in got all sorted and then lined up. Well it started to rain and it got called off. :lolcry: So i havent driven it yet with the new supra box at the runs.

After that 12.7 run she started to blow some smoke. Still went really hard but on piston 3 there was 30psi. LOL

Reason for this....

dsc00096editcb8.jpg

Quick Engine Swap with a fully built Engine i purchased then had to rebuild because pistons were around the wrong way and the copper head gasket was dodgey.

New Engine:

engine2.jpg

A few weeks later she got Defected in Penrith

(Shes all regoed insured and Engineered now though

img002xp4.jpg

Edited by cuzzo

Next part

Because the rolla got defected for 10 things i had to fix everything up quickly.

Remember it has the mini-spool in the borg warner diff. Well i purchased a KAAZ 2 Way LSD from ebay quite cheap and took it to Bosnijak Engineering at Wetherill Park. He installed it for me with new bearing and seals for 600.

After getting the rolla regoed, engineered and fully insured, she is now seeing more of the open road.

New Specs of the 4agze:

Ae92 Smallport 4agze purchased from Flynsx (or possibly his mate)

Same inlet and exhaust manifold and same turbo.

Mild Port of the inlet ports

Standard 4agze Cams.

Arias Pistons

Shot-Peened Rods

ARP rod bolts and head bolts

New Toyota Oil Pump, Water Pump, Timing Belt

Recoed Starter Motor

All new Welsh Plugs

Every Gasket and Seal New

O-Ringed Block with a RidgeCrest Copper Headgasket.

7MGTE Injectors

Same Clutch and Flywheel combo from previous motor.

Dyno tune readout

dyno2yp2.jpg

Engine as it sits today:

027qn2.jpg

New Wheels: SSR SP1's 16's 7.5" 205/50 Front 8" Rear 225/50

1000121editsu1.jpg

Toyofest Pics:

DSC_0053.jpg

tpyo07061.jpg?t=1192778553

tpyo07058.jpg?t=1192778586

Took it to the drags on the 10/10/07 This is my first run with the new box and engine

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

I broke something on the burnout and could no longer select any gears. After getting second and third gear and doing a 16 second pass i get back and look her over,as you can see it here I'm trying to fix it.

IMG_0795.jpg

The reason why we drove it home and not had another go.

dsc00124ll3.th.jpg

dsc00123we2.th.jpg

Edited by cuzzo

So we are now at present looking for a new clutch. I really want a twin plate however i can justify $1600 for a clutch ATM.

Getting the larger flywheel the 215mm with a custom setup this weeked. Hopefully get it all in and wsid next wednesday. But we'll see how things go.

That's an awesome little sleeper, apart from the "don't f@#k with me" front mount. Some good times too, you wouldn't have any shots of the engine bay, sounds like a similar set up to mine. 150 at the wheels would be nice :lolcry:

Ninja edit: never mind you beat me to it, very nice with the wheels to

Edited by HRV-00S