Everything posted by Mybowlcut
-
4k/5k Temperature Senders
Hey. I've got a 5k engine and a 4k engine. The 5k has a temperature sender (the top one in the photo above) which is different to the 4k (bottom one in the photo above). The 5k has a knob and the 4k has a long clip thing. Just wondering why they are different if they're more or less the same engine? Cheers.
-
Mitch's Ke70
5K is in. We pissed off the C in 4K-C and put some muffler cement (I think it's called?) on the end of the pipe that puts the exhaust back into the engine but it fell off when we ran the car. So we're leaving it overnight and gonna see if it works tomorrow. Extractors aren't on obviously but when they are I'll try and get a video up just to show how they sound. I was going to take a picture but... it doesn't look much different from a 4k haha.
-
Alex's Supercharged 4k Project Ke70
Plans?
-
Mitch's Ke70
Just got quoted $2,500 to do the boot opening on my car properly (5 year warantee). Compared to the $400 I got quoted from another guy.. clearly the guy I went to will do it properly for that price... Anyway, Chris, here are pictures of the exhaust.. Do you reckon we can chuck it straight onto my 70?
-
The Latest Distraction/waste Of Good Mig Wire
Tiny engine = little fuel? Haha. Take it to the shops! Yeaaaaah!
-
The Latest Distraction/waste Of Good Mig Wire
Hahaha! Clever! That's gonna look hell funny. How fast will it go?
-
Mobile Phone's
Wait.. so you mean your friend told your girlfriend what you sent him? Or you left out the important detail that you sent it to the wrong person? Haha.
- Spotted: T18? Belmont
-
Mc Donalds Meet
Awesome. See you guys there!
-
Ke55 Project
705km... wow. 1k for that isn't a bad price. I payed 1.5k for my ke70 which has just as much or more rust. Are you gonna keep the green interior? I reckon it's kinda cool despite the fact it's LIME GREEN! Haha.
-
Mc Donalds Meet
Haha you should ask Chris not me. I'm guessing we probably won't. We've got the 5k out, just have to take the 4k + gearbox out of my car and replace it with the 5k then stick it and the gearbox back in.. shouldn't take too long.
-
Mc Donalds Meet
This Sunday is probably best for me... but that depends on when Chris wants to help me with my conversion. I'm guessing he'll say Saturday but if not then I can come Saturday.
-
Mitch's Ke70
So it makes them bigger by stretching them pretty much?
-
Mitch's Ke70
Cheers for that! How much is a guard roller? Is it hard to do it precisely.. ie make it look nice?
-
Looking For A K50
- Spotted: T18? Belmont
Spotted what looked like a brown T18 with a white front right fender at belmont intersection near subway/hungry jacks at like 12.10 today. I couldn't see who was inside but there were two people...- Marv's Ke70 V2.0
I have no idea about suspension haha... why do you use two different brands for front and rear?- Mc Donalds Meet
Yeah.. sorry that I didn't come to that one. Feel bad but I presumed there wasn't going to be enough people going for a cruise. I'll come to this one if we know there are going to be people going.- Marv's Ke70 V2.0
Dildo shifter? Hello kitty? Haha. Awesome car... nice paint... what do you call that when it's got two colours? What shocks and springs would you buy if you could?- Mitch's Ke70
There ya go, Chris! Sump might not look that clean, but it is a lot better than what it was before... :)- Mitch's Ke70
Yeah it is, hey! Got the torque converter off and replaced rear main seal and timing cover seal and cleaned the engine up a bit more. Also replaced sump gasket.- Mitch's Ke70
Where is the backing plate? I have no idea hey. :P I have a 10mm spanner... haha.- Mitch's Ke70
Ok. So I've got the panelvan and the engine out with help from Chris. I've got no tools to take the torque converter off the gearbox haha. Soon we'll be putting the 5k into my sedan along with the extractors. Here are some pics. Tried to give it a bit of a polish but it didn't turn out that great. Meh.- Mitch's Ke70
Yeah it's quite nice. I'll look tomorrow if I remember 'cause it's raining and it's 10:30pm haha.- Mitch's Ke70
Cheers. ;) I wouldn't have a clue. Haha. How do I find out? Pretty sure it's the original colour. - Spotted: T18? Belmont