Everything posted by SLO-030
-
A Favour
I would never use a rattle gun on wheels, especially alloy wheels. Anyways, Mike, if you still need one, Just shoot me a PM
-
Me Ke20
Looking good mate! Great to see you stuck with it and brang her back from what most people would consider "written off" :jamie:
-
308 Tonner
Awesome mate! Good to see the tonner back up and running :cool:
-
1jz Ke55
That really sucks mate. Hopefully it comes out of storage at some point and gets finished off.
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Did you happen to swap said fish tank?
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Not too sure, would affect the burn in some way or another. But in what direction it would sway it, I have no idea. Adaptor should be finished off tomorrow. Not much more work till the weekend, but see how we go.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Mad overlap bro? haha.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Yea, I thought it was pretty reasonable. What sorta boost levels are you running? Stu (Kickn5k) was making over 100rwkw on 9psi (as previously stated) with the same sorta setup and a D5 microtech. If all goes well, I should have a kick ass ECU by the end of next weel.
-
Build Thread Of A Clean And Sparkly 5K
Do it! if all else fails, run the c**t on gas.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
I'd like to make 80rwkw. Anything more than that is a bonus really. But deep down, I know I'd like to make more. Do you know how much power yours is putting out?
- Slo-038 + 10Psi
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Haha, for sure Tom. I'll be up your way quite a bit putting it thru its paces :happy: If i had a 3K carb and auto linkage, you'd have it by now :)
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Finished off the adaptor today. Drilled and reamed out to 14mm for an extended crank pulley to help hold it all together. And it all fits how it should :cool: Sent off already to have the PCD's drilled, then I can put it on, line up the pulleys, finish the mounts and rebuild the sonofabitch.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
This one didnt either. The only ones I seen with the bungs were Flat top/shallow dish piston 5K's with the "4K" head. This sump is quite the same shape as the turbo one I pulled off my 3K. But even the ribs pressed into the sump are different. So many different "K" sumps. Pulled the timing cover off, timing sprockets, chain guides and cam out. Cam will be sent off to Crow in the next couple weeks or so to be reground. Taking the crank and blower drive pullies to work tomorrow so I can finish off the adaptor. Send it off to get drilled, then tap it and fit the dowels. When that's done I can set up the blower mounts and take care of the tensioner pulley spacer. Also taking the timing cover in to work to give it a polish.
-
A Favour
I usually rattle gun the shocker nut when I'm putting struts together, one of many nuts/bolts you don't want coming undone.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Drained the oil out of this sucker for the first time in over 2.5yrs. Nice and black Pulled the sump off and found its already got a double row timing chain fitted, which makes me think its been rebuilt. But the fact the sump doesn't have an oil level switch and some bosses on the manifold side of the block makes me think its out of a KE7x import. Will finish off the blower mounting before I rip the guts out of the engine and send it off to be cleaned and hve the bores tidied up.
-
'67 Ke10
Any more work done this weekend? Is that the new sticker for the 10?
- Ls7 Ke70 Racecar Build!!
-
A Favour
I got an electric one (240v) here if needed?
-
Ke38 Van For My Daughter
Nice customising man! can't wait to see it finished.
-
Spencers Ke70 Touge Street Fighter
Lookin' good man. Gonna have enough room in the engine bay for it all? :P
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Got my hacksaw on today and chopped up an A/C mount so that I now have a tensioner. Sorted out how I'm doing the lower mount. Just need to get some 50x6 flat bar and drill it so it mounts to the side of the block, then the lower mount will be welded to that. Just hoping I can get the lower mount forwards enough to get the pullies to line up. Will finish off the crank adaptor and send it off to have the 3 pcd's drilled into it, then tap it and drill and countersink the crank pulley. Once that's all done, and I have a 40mm longer Crank pulley bolt It'll all be ready to go together. Still a bit of work to go but its getting closer :yes:
-
What Grinds My Gears.
Mates girlfriends. Most are alright, there's just that few that a f@$kin' headf@$ks :glare:
-
Intro
Ahhh, didn't see that. Figured he/she/it/they're was from the SA area considering the threads location.
-
Dumb Question Time
Will you be having a spare tyre under the back? Pretty sure the radius in the Sedan swaybar to clear the pumpkin will hit the spare tyre/ holder.