turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

;) yeah its fun for the first 10 minutes or so, but then get a tad annoying :no2: I made up that pissy enclosure thing for the whole thing but i reckon it made it worse cause its got a smaller space to vibrate in :sob: Oh well, will be out soon so will enjoy some quieter driving :bash:

• 1 month later...

Okaaaaaaay, havent updated the thread for quite some time, but honestly there hasnt been much happening to the rolla :) Decided to get off my ass today and "finish" the quad headlight setup as it was sick of it looking a bit half assed and tacky, when it should be looking schmick. so i mounted the lights and surrounds as best i could (passengers side is cool but drivers side is using a LHS light bracket, so lots of mods and a bit dodgy - only got 2x LHS mounts when i purchased it - was better than not getting it at all i thought). Also modified the grill cause its been running without one for a couple of months now. Anyway, less talk - heres a pic of the finished product:

From this:

dsc00317copyhi1.jpg

To this:

dsc00130copypj6.jpg

Still havent got the fuel pickup or cat in yet, but hopefully they'll go in over the next few weeks. Also appears one of my king springs has collapsed or something as the rear RHS is sitting up higher than it should be and it looks like the spring is all mounted correctly, so will have to sort that out. Thats it for now :cool:

I'm loving the twin headlight setup, but i've had quite some time to get used to it. just makes it look a little less "grandma" i reckon :cool: looks like i've got a set of t-18 chrome bumpers I'm gonna have to slap on this (just have to confirm condition of them, but they're cheap so will be good for a template if nothing else). Will see how we go though. in the meantime, i'll just enjoy the "finished" headlight setup :)

lights look good man, i get mine next week. your car looks granny as man, it doesnt scream for attention... get some decent wheels yo!

how much of the lower valance did you have to cut inorder to fit the lights...?

Edited by paulie

yeah, still looks a bit granny spec, but thats cool. don't really want it to scream for too much attention :cool: :) Got a few more little plans for it though which will make it a bit less granny spec, but all in good time. The valance had to be cut down quite a bit to get the lights in. Pretty rough job at the moment, but will touch it all up soon. There's probably only about 2-3mm left (if that) on the little lip that pokes up if ya know what i mean. :P

• 1 month later...

Been a while since i posted, so thought i'd chuck an update up. The quad headlight conversion is basically finished now, with the grill having been modified and the lights mounted properly so they look a bit neater, as the pic shows below. Pretty happy with the result.

Have also got a whiteline adjustable panhard rod in it now, and finally got around to mounting up the AL25 Tercel rear swaybar (think they are 17mm, so its a nice upgrade over standard) to the t-18 diff. Actually worked well that the t-18 diff didnt have any swaybar brackets as we just chopped the old ones off the old diff and welded them on where they needed to be on the t-18 diff. Great to get rid of the boatlike handling though, and it now flicks the ass out without much effort and the 4age powering along :D

Also did some general maintenance like replacing the drivers side window regulator, so i now have a window that winds all the way up now which is good, and a bit of rp7 on the inside of the door mechanisms to free them up a bit! So its feeling less boganish now! Still gotta get the catalytic converter and intank fuel setup in, but soon enough! Also looking into a AE86 JDM front brake upgrade soonish so that i can consider the "engineering" route at some stage in the near future. Just gotta find some ae86 struts (with hubs) to do it! :)

• 3 months later...

Neglected the thread for a while cause i've been spending more time working on my car than talking about it lately :D

Quick update on what i've done recently:

AE86 strut conversion - KYB excel-g in front to match those in the rear, and king springs.

JDM AE86 brake upgrade - new rotors, fully rebuilt calipers etc - still ironing out some kinks (see full details here)

remote boot and fuel cap mechanism in place, but not hooked up

Still to come:

picking up a pair of t-18 bumpers today (should be atleast!!!)

installation of Cat convertor sitting in the shed

Installation of in-tank fuel pickup sitting in the shed

fender mirrors (still considering)

Bolt on flares

Possible respray/body work???

Basically its slowly on its way to looking like this (well, that's the aim):

calo3.jpg

post-1017-1197162016_thumb.jpg

post-1017-1197162056_thumb.jpg

post-1017-1197162142_thumb.jpg

But for now, heres some other pics:

JDM brake setup

post-1017-1196234472.jpg

dsc00048copypv2.jpg

dsc00054copyca9.jpg

Got camber?? :( will come out a bit with wheel alignment which is yet to be done

dsc00050copywh8.jpg

Mate if it gets anything close to those pics of the jdm car i'd be over the moon. I really like what you have done and was just about to mention fitting chrome bars to complete the look but it looks like you've got that covered as well. Good job mate.

Matt

:P Thanks matt! Nice to hear some positive feedback about the beast. The chrome bars have got a couple of little dints in them, but should be alright. Might give them a light tap and see if they'll come out at all. Main decision about them is whether to polish them up like mirrors, or do them a dull silver kind of look like the JDM one seems to have....looks like they'll come up alright if i wanna polish them, so could do either way. I reckon another 12 months and it should be to a nice standard that I'm happy with similar to the JDM one! :D