Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Author

Yeah his is in a starlet and races against ge starlets, among others, k'sevs etc. But those ge aren't exactly stock either.

 

Was very intersting chatting to Sheldon a few months back (I went and visited him on my NZ holiday). Said that the ge's are really starting to catch up to him now, now that they've been around a few years and theres plenty of R&D done. Compared to a motor that TRD used to race like 35 years ago.

 

I think we've got 3 very distinct groups on rollaclub, which you have to love as it makes the great diversity you see here:

The "keep it K" crowd:

The "4AGE/GZE/GTE it" boys

and everybody else :y: 6's, 8's, rotors, SR's etc.

 

The main passions I think are in the first 2. :jamie:

 

Each to there own I say, but you've still gotta love how for "similarly sized" engines, the old pushrod, pre-crossflow can keep up with a DOHC nearly 20 years its younger! 8/

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

I think we've got 3 very distinct groups on rollaclub, which you have to love as it makes the great diversity you see here:

The "keep it K" crowd:

The "4AGE/GZE/GTE it" boys

and everybody else :jamie: 6's, 8's, rotors, SR's etc.

 

The main passions I think are in the first 2. 8/

 

Yeah, I am both, Have my worked 4K KE70 daily driver and my 4AGE AE86 project..

 

So how much more work do you have to do before this insane Turbo and 7K injection setup is done?

I think we've got 3 very distinct groups on rollaclub, which you have to love as it makes the great diversity you see here:

The "keep it K" crowd:

The "4AGE/GZE/GTE it" boys

and everybody else :wink: 6's, 8's, rotors, SR's etc.

 

The main passions I think are in the first 2. :y:

 

Each to there own I say, but you've still gotta love how for "similarly sized" engines, the old pushrod, pre-crossflow can keep up with a DOHC nearly 20 years its younger! 8/

I'm #3 :jamie:

 

love the updates on this beast. Ive been watching this thread keenly since joining the site

  • Author

There's really not too much to do at all, I'm now at the point were I'm soooooo hanging to get it going, but on the other hand happy to take my and do things properly. :jamie: I think most of you will appreciate were I'm coming from.

 

There were a few little parts that I raided for the other car like the battery and battery terminals, so as soon as I put them back in it will have power. I can then check all of the ECU wiring, Ignition sensing etc and load on the Maps I have from Madrolla68.

 

Once thats done:

Get injectors cleaned and installed

Buy FPR (bidding at mo) and install, finish return fuel lines

Install turbo water lines (waiting on 1 more fitting)

Bolt everything on and together

Get exhaust made

alloy piping from turbs to cooler, cooler to TB

Final tune and dyno runs

Terorise the streets of Launceston! 8/

 

So yeah, almost there! :y:

Love your work, its good to see how you've progressed and helped the

rolla community as you have , look forward to seeing everyone K turbo results

cheers

darren

  • Author

Hey Darren,

 

thanks mate, its come a long way from the early dodgy days when you first saw it on Ausrotary hey? :cool:

 

Half of the info I've given out on turbo K's I learnt for you anyway mate!! :wink:

 

Cheers,

Si.

Hey Darren,

 

thanks mate, its come a long way from the early dodgy days when you first saw it on Ausrotary hey? :cool:

 

Half of the info I've given out on turbo K's I learnt for you anyway mate!! :wink:

 

Cheers,

Si.

 

Post me your injectors and ill clean them for you anbd send them back FOC.

Hey Darren,

 

thanks mate, its come a long way from the early dodgy days when you first saw it on Ausrotary hey? :cool:

 

Half of the info I've given out on turbo K's I learnt for you anyway mate!! :wink:

 

Cheers,

Si.

 

Yeh i had a laugh ...they get you hooked, the RX4 isn't getting neglected is it:)_

cheers

darren

I think we've got 3 very distinct groups on rollaclub, which you have to love as it makes the great diversity you see here:

The "keep it K" crowd:

The "4AGE/GZE/GTE it" boys

and everybody else 16-lol.gif 6's, 8's, rotors, SR's etc.

 

I think you would be suprised who follows what thread.

I follow this thread all the way, because my passion is thinking outside the square,

and this is something you have been doing since your first, "slap together" turbo job.

Love your work :wink:

 

The main passions I think are in the first 2. yes.gif

 

This depends on what your passion is, if your passion is going fast, original motors are not in the picture.

Each to there own I say, but you've still gotta love how for "similarly sized" engines, the old pushrod, pre-crossflow can keep up with a DOHC nearly 20 years its younger! :D

 

yeah you can get a fairly heavly work 5k to line up again a rock stock standerd newer 4age

 

 

altho 4age are getting on in life now, they should start thinking about investing some cash for retirement :)

I don't see how the 4age is any different to the K motor in terms of age as the technology came from the old ford BDA (belt driven A series).

  • Author

Darren - Wouldn't say it neglected, but it hasn't got as much attention as the rollas lately. Gear box is about to let go so that's getting swapped tomoz, then it'll get driven a lot more, as it won't sound like it has straight cuts!! :D

It got some new shoes and brakes not long ago......

100_1676.jpg

100_1677.jpg

 

Nissan feeling - You should be happy - I added the SR bit in #3 just for you! :) Suppose what I really meant by "passions", was more so "passionate aguments"!! ie K vs 4age

 

Fair cop with the BDA Trev. Mind you when you say that, are you thinking of an A series BDA or Cosworth BDA!!? :hmm: \

Here's a vid you might like, there was a link to build pics of this in off topic over 6 months ago.

 

Matt - You're a bloody ledgend mate, will get them in the post on maybe monday. I'll see if I can put another pre-paid post bag in when I send them to you. :) thanks heaps. BTW, how you going with that engine swap!?

Darren - Wouldn't say it neglected, but it hasn't got as much attention as the rollas lately. Gear box is about to let go so that's getting swapped tomoz, then it'll get driven a lot more, as it won't sound like it has straight cuts!! :D

It got some new shoes and brakes not long ago......

100_1676.jpg

100_1677.jpg

 

Nissan feeling - You should be happy - I added the SR bit in #3 just for you! :) Suppose what I really meant by "passions", was more so "passionate aguments"!! ie K vs 4age

 

Fair cop with the BDA Trev. Mind you when you say that, are you thinking of an A series BDA or Cosworth BDA!!? :hmm: \

Here's a vid you might like, there was a link to build pics of this in off topic over 6 months ago.

 

Matt - You're a bloody ledgend mate, will get them in the post on maybe monday. I'll see if I can put another pre-paid post bag in when I send them to you. :) thanks heaps. BTW, how you going with that engine swap!?

 

NAh sold it to darren,ordered some tough bits for the 5K.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.