September 16, 200917 yr Author comment_374585 Nah not really. Still haven't fitted the gilmer back on yet. I have put some 27mm spacers on the back to fill the guards though. Will have a pic or two after the toyotas cruise on the weekend. Report
September 23, 200917 yr Author comment_375996 Didn't expect to be posting these pics after the cruise! :P ....... Report
September 23, 200917 yr comment_376016 :P Look out Si, they comin to get ya :cool: Love how they made a beeline straight for you though :) *edit* Was a touch worried when I was asked to open the bonnet to prove your engine was basically the same as mine, but all was well, good thing the engine wasn't covered in oil like it is now....... ;) Edited September 23, 200917 yr by Toy-Yoda Report
September 23, 200917 yr Author comment_376032 Yep. I'm guessing the only reason I did was because there was about 40 at the cruise, and to be fair they'd need to check all of them, not just me. Ie too much work. Only things they said need to be done is box the air filter and run a plumb-back BOV. but have since been told (by a turbosmart dealer) that they can be vent to atmosphere in tassie. Yeah sorry about that Ben, it was just the easiest way to prove to them that it was the stock motor as they were having a hard time believing it. Report
September 23, 200917 yr comment_376052 I'm not complaining, was just saying I was bricking pretty hard about the time I realised the bonnet wouldn't open...... lol Report
September 23, 200917 yr comment_376053 hahhahahah that coppa look like he had a hard on :P Edited September 23, 200917 yr by Evan G Report
September 23, 200917 yr comment_376082 lols, all that attention over a 5K turbo! There must have been someone there with non bolt in motor. Report
September 23, 200917 yr Author comment_376085 Yeah, there was for an example a 4age ke30, and a noticed a 7mge MKII cressida....... which didn't get a look in. They seriously came straight to me, gave it a good look over then just had a "browse" at everything else. :P Report
September 24, 200917 yr comment_376343 sounds like you'll be famous for the wrong reasons now around their station... time to park it away for a bit and get cracking with the 4x4 wagoon :P Report
September 24, 200917 yr Author comment_376350 Trust me mate, I'm hanging to get that project started. I did originally plan to have it done by now (or be nearly finished) but a premature baby and weekly trips to hobart soon put a stop to that. A slight plus note to not having it done yet is the other guy building a 4x4 KE70 (in the technical builds section) is now a bit ahead of me...... so he can find the main problems and enlighten me! :P Report
September 24, 200917 yr comment_376427 Good that you got off defect free. Did they hear the note or something ? Report
September 24, 200917 yr comment_376433 Mental note to self: Don't go on any cruises (until car is 100% defect proof) I don't think they'd be as lenient on my bus... Report
September 25, 200917 yr Author comment_376535 Good that you got off defect free.Did they hear the note or something ? Dunno. I didn't boost it near any cops, and its not like the cooler is obviously hanging out the front. Was plenty of other cars there that had exhaust system making a "note", some probably louder than me. I even drove at 40kmh through campbell town with a line up of traffic building behind and got another one following. Report
September 25, 200917 yr comment_376628 Curious then as to why they picked you out ! Bit of bad luck I guess... Glad it didn't cause you too much trouble. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now