Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

  • Author

Its alive again! Needed a little more fuel dialed in like the 7k.

 

Went and spoke to a mechanic about some road tuning, will get some k's racked up and get her sorted. Should be able to get some more timing in it with the lower comp.

 

Hill starts are now even more fun with the lightened fly wheel, button clutch, hd pressure plate and 7:1! :rolls:

Cable button clutch would be snappy!

Always look to this thread for info loving it man

  • Author

great to hear an update on this thing, pretty soilid engine build.

 

So why not the 7k built instead?

 

why no exhaust porting?

 

I do have other plans for the 7k, not that that project will probably ever happen. Plus I would prefer the revvier nature of the 5k.

 

I did do a little bit of porting on the exhausts. More so just a clean up and an smooth though. Can't go too huge though due to the size of the runners on the manifold.

 

Got about 200km on it now. Definately needs some more fuel in the map.

I do have other plans for the 7k

 

Like giving to to me for a certain ke10? :jamie:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

....yeah or not!

 

Hmmm, do you think the fuel mapping needs some work? This was the tune done like 3 years ago now.......

post-1315-0-13341300-1348618051_thumb.jpg

 

So my wolf 3d is effectively running a 2d fuel map. :rolls:

Wow, what are the mixtures like on cruise Si?

Would probably explain your awesome fuel economy.

  • Author

Hate to say I've never had my own o2 sensor, but I'm going to get one rather soon so I can do some more tuning myself..

I've always known it needed some more off boost, drive-ability tuning. Thats why its being road tuned this time,.... rather than getting a sheet with a number in the corner.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I've been doing a little road tuning lately. Have got it driving, and more importantly starting really well now.

 

Went out for a little drive yesterday and got a couple of pics......

 

post-1315-0-92613500-1350001501_thumb.jpg

 

post-1315-0-28050800-1350001529_thumb.jpg

 

Now have around 450km on the motor.

Its currntly getting the rear screen tinted today, I removed all of the side glass to get that done. Heaps better result as tyhe tint goes under all the rubber and flocking instaed of 1-2mm off the edge.

 

Oh and here's a pic of Byron lapping my valves....

post-1315-0-77172500-1350001663_thumb.jpg

Are those reverse mesh? It looks really tough on those!!

 

*Edit, i see what they are now i'm not on phone!!

Edited by Jono.C

  • Author

Yeah some of those 15x8, 0 toyo industry things wearing Potenza semis.

 

I've also got a pair of 15x10 0's

post-1315-0-56597300-1350006682_thumb.jpg

 

Since it was last on the road some of the updates include:

 

Above new wheels

Prepped & painted flares in satin black

New stainless flare bolts

Flare piping

Tinted windows

All new window flocking

Central locking

Passenger door swap with "Dirt"...... think it was the last perfectly straight panel on Dirt and Tar's had a slight dent.

Dash fixed and repainted

 

I just had a few things that required the car to be off the road for a little while. Never planned for it to be around 12 months! :rolls:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.