December 20, 201213 yr comment_640554 Got the road tuning done today. Running nicely on 16 psi, can really notice the cam now, maybe slightly less rpm than the last one but it feels so much stronger through the mid range now. ....oh and my speeding ticket could have been a lot worse, so i'll just take that one on the chin. Lol Wide LSA FTW..lol, wish i knew more about cams when i did [email protected] on a 116 or 117lsa would be much better..not 108 like mine had..lol cheers darren Edited December 20, 201213 yr by untubbed_20 Report
December 20, 201213 yr Author comment_640571 Yeah if I got a decent bb turbz then I would probably want to go a bit bigger with the cam, maybe closer to the 609 with say 116°. Doesn't like/need much more than about 5k rpm at the moment, but that probably also partly cause of the .49. Report
December 23, 201213 yr comment_640870 oh, i thought you had something like that now,whats in there ?? the 609 is only 230/235ish at .50?, has a split duration. [email protected] on a 116 or 117lsa would be the go for something biggish Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_645826 Looks good man, they 15s?? BETTER PICS PPLEEASE :popcorn: Report
February 1, 201313 yr Author comment_645833 Yeah mate...... 15x9 -10 Rota Alecias in Gold/polished I'm really happy with them....... now they're finally on the car. Wish I could say the same about the purchase process and reccomend rota wheels but to be honest I'd be more inclided to say look elsewhere....... But at the end of the day Wei did finally come through with the goods and do right by me so I won't bad mouth him. More piccies....... Rear fitment is what I would basically consider perfect with the flairs. Front could maybe even be zeros, but by the time I add a little more camber they should be perfect too. I'm not really a huge fan of the strectched look, I'm putting up with it as I had those tyresn (195) already...... plus they're nice and grippy. When it comes time to replace them I'll probably look at something like 205-215 on the front and 235-245 on the rear. Depends how deep my pockets are at the time I suppose. Also, here's my cam specs Darren. Was originally a Crow 600740 (cortina Bathurst grind) modified to 114 L/C at my request. .050" valve timing inlet opens: 1 B.T.D.C., closes: 47 A.B.D.C .050" Duration: 228 exhaust opens: 52 B.B.D.C. closes: 2 A.T.D.C. .050" Duration: 234 Advertised valve timing inlet opens: 27 B.T.D.C., closes: 73 A.B.D.C Advertised Duration: 280 exhaust opens: 78 B.B.D.C. closes: 28 A.T.D.C. Advertised Duration: 286 Inlet lobe lift at T.D.C. on overlap .055 inlet and exhaust lobe lift is .2671 and .4007 at the valve. Report
February 1, 201313 yr Author comment_645845 Thanks mate. Its really asking for some body work and a respray now though. Thinking of maybe even keeping it in stock paint as I can't really decide on another colour. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_645848 The colour it is with the black flares is the way this car needs to be, I love it. Report
June 1, 201313 yr Author comment_657616 So haven't updated this is a little while..... Did a gasket change a few weeks back, also swapped the .64 rear housing back on the T28, as apposed to the .48. Comes on maybe 300-500rpm later but pulls a lot harder through the top end. The cam also seems to be a bit more generous in the top end with the .64. Since the rebuild and re-tune I've never really been happy with the fuel economy. I've had a good play with some of the ECU setting like the 'over-run fuel cut' and decelerate enleanment but hasn't made a great deal of difference. After having a good chat to my tuner the other day I decided the main problem is the low compression, which is currently at 7:1. Although it drives fine the motor just isn't overly efficient...... off boost anyway, and is just working a bit harder than it really should do. Looking back the fact I had to put around 20% extra fuel into the original map to get it to run after the rebuild was probably a pretty good indicator! If the car was just a weekend warrior it probably wouldn't be such a problem, but considering it is my daily driver I need to find a good balance between outright power, drivability and economy. Thinking I'll up the compression to around 8.5:1 by giving the head a shave and re-tune after I've got my tax return done. If some time down the track I get another turbo and start running some proper boost as planned I still have things like water/meth at my disposal to compensate for the slightly higher C/R. Report
June 2, 201313 yr comment_657769 those wheels look rad !, yeh water/meth would the go... cheers darren Report
June 2, 201313 yr comment_657789 8.5 is a very normal ratio, anything below that is kind of old school and more detrimental than beneficial. Why water/meth? Are you going to run over 25 psi? Water/meth is not really a reliable option, the problem is that if you tune to it on a petrol engine, when the nozzle gets blocked you have a lean situation = ping = boom. It is a great thing on diesels because without tuning to it you can still gain 40+ hp @ wheels. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now