Ke 25 3sge, Pics

robj

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rob,

Got any specs on that battery? Looks like it'd be small enough to go under the wagon.

CHEERS

Ryan

Hey Ryan, part number is ETX20L, it has 270cca (cold cranking amps) and is a sealed battery like motorbike ones.

Positives: It's been in the car for 3 years. Cranks the 3sge (10-10.5 compression?) good enough, even when I've run it out of fuel a few times so all the lines had to be bled through again. Light too, 7kg if I recall correctly.

Negatives: If I leave the battery in the car without disconnecting the battery it for a week or more, will notice there is not as much charge in it. Have had to charge it up. This is probably more to do with the wiring than the battery though....

When I have unhooked the battery, still been fine after 3 weeks to start it. Also starts well on those cold Tassie winter days too.

Cheers, Rob.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh, it's been a while since I've been able to drive the car properly, due to a knee accident. In the last few weeks I've been finding any excuse to drive it. Today I drove through the same road works 8 times. Obviously finding plenty of reasons to drive it. I've been driving it to physio and hydro therapy, a great winding road to get there! Loving it. Must say, it's one of my finest pleasures: driving a well sorted and balanced car on a great bit of curvy road, with the knowledge that if need be, I still have grip left and smooth transitions if I need to change inputs halfway through a corner. AND it doesn't cost the earth. Strangely enough, With my motor ticking between 3000 -5000rpm, I still always get high 8litres/100km. Try that in a late model car AND try keep up with it! (All within speed limits of course.... :dance: )

Haven't tuned it since the new manifold. Just adjusted the idle via the handcontroller to settle it. Seems good!

Ahh, it's been a while since I've been able to drive the car properly, due to a knee accident. In the last few weeks I've been finding any excuse to drive it. Today I drove through the same road works 8 times. Obviously finding plenty of reasons to drive it. I've been driving it to physio and hydro therapy, a great winding road to get there! Loving it. Must say, it's one of my finest pleasures: driving a well sorted and balanced car on a great bit of curvy road, with the knowledge that if need be, I still have grip left and smooth transitions if I need to change inputs halfway through a corner. AND it doesn't cost the earth. Strangely enough, With my motor ticking between 3000 -5000rpm, I still always get high 8litres/100km. Try that in a late model car AND try keep up with it! (All within speed limits of course.... :dance: )

Haven't tuned it since the new manifold. Just adjusted the idle via the handcontroller to settle it. Seems good!

Sweet, life's good ! Love that you drove the same road 8 times !:)

I'm looking forward to having a reliable car that I can just jump in and enjoy (one day!).

Only little annoyance is an ongoing occasional (fairly often) petrol smell that finds it's way into the cabin when the car has been standing for some time e.g. overnight in the shed. Don't know if anyone else has that problem. Have checked the tank etc for leaks. Keen to recover from a busted knee to go back driving!

Mate, let me start by saying how incredible your ride is. Its a credit to you, and your two mates.

As for the petrol smell, (if you havent already found it) on my ke20 when it had the standard fuel tank, they have a breather from the top of the filler neck. It runs up the rear pillar to the roof and then back down to the boot near the rear of the left hand wheel well. In mine, the hose had perrished and that was where the smell was coming from. It might be different on the later ones thow.

Can i ask you what brake master cylinder you are using.

Thanks mate :laff:

Edited by ausca62

Mate, let me start by saying how incredible your ride is. Its a credit to you, and your two mates.

As for the petrol smell, (if you havent already found it) on my ke20 when it had the standard fuel tank, they have a breather from the top of the filler neck. It runs up the rear pillar to the roof and then back down to the boot near the rear of the left hand wheel well. In mine, the hose had perrished and that was where the smell was coming from. It might be different on the later ones thow.

Can i ask you what brake master cylinder you are using.

Thanks mate :)

Thanks! Yeah, the hose is actually a plastic one on my car, and feels like it's been softened by the petrol. Sounds like an easy fix.

Master cylinder: I run a 15/16 inch, hilux. Used to run a 1inch with a remote booster. Either way a adaptor plate is needed, which we made out of metal. FYI it is either the Datsun 240k or 240z master cylinder that is a straight bolt on, I think it is a 13/16 inch? could work quite well without a booster, maybe would be a bit soft in my car with the brakes. Could possibly work well with somewhat smaller brakes.

• 3 weeks later...

This rego'ed white KE25 is now for sale, with another complete spare (not rego'ed) mustard KE25, plus many spare panels, windows, boxes of parts, brakes, etc etc.

I've got it in the FOR SALE section. Link is here.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=41484

I will need to replace/swap it with a 4 seater for the family. Been test driving a few other cars such as WRX and Silvia, but they don't drive as nice as this. Any ideas for great driving cars that I have missed, keen to hear from you.

Thanks, Rob.

I will need to replace/swap it with a 4 seater for the family. Been test driving a few other cars such as WRX and Silvia, but they don't drive as nice as this. Any ideas for great driving cars that I have missed, keen to hear from you.

sad you have to sell it mate, must be a hard decision! if i had the cash id be on it, nothing to do just enjoy driving it.

what about a BMW? pain in the wallet to fix, but i hear they are a drivers car. bit heavy though, make sure you don't get the 1.8L versions...

i want to get an E46 one day. prolly the nicest looking car in its price range.

sad you have to sell it mate, must be a hard decision! if i had the cash id be on it, nothing to do just enjoy driving it.

what about a BMW? pain in the wallet to fix, but i hear they are a drivers car. bit heavy though, make sure you don't get the 1.8L versions...

i want to get an E46 one day. prolly the nicest looking car in its price range.

Yeah, was a hard decision. Practicality for family is needed. Considered the BMW, but yeah ongoing costs are a concern. To get the same acceration requires the biggest straight 6 to start with (non M3) and they are expensive too. Maybe I'll have to compromise something.... Thanks for your thoughts!

Rob.