Naming Of Cars

blue ceee

Hi,

This may seem like a stupid question or path to go down but i was wondering how people came up with the names for their cars

- any special ettiquette out there or practices ;)

personally i didn't know how to go about it so my father did the honours of christening my car with a name and then notifying me by email a week later and the name has stuck :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I named my yellow KE30 Lolla cause it rhymed with Corolla.

As for the other cars i've had, the names i've given them were just names i thought were cool, reminded me of something or an unusual name i liked.

neat way of naming your car

i think the way baby blue ceee came about for my car is because she is shimmer (light blue in colour) and she is brand new and only a few months old not sure about ceee part though

My Ke70 was named "eddie" by the swedish backpacker I bought it off.... But usually I like to give them obscure british names if the previous owner hasn't named them already...

Current fleet:

KE70 1 "Eddie"

KE70 2 "Calvin"

Starlet "Lila"

626 "The Chad"

AE92 "Sir Basil"

Tercel "Little Winston"

For me i'm not too worried.

My first car was a ke30 and '30 was its name.

When it got it written-off by a drunk driver the next car was called "T-18" cause thats what it was. Till everything broke at the same time so it was called "T-I hate it" so it got traded for the ae82 seca which is just called "seca" and at the moment i think it matches what it's making me do so far - It makes me seek ah parts here and seek ah parts there.... Makes me feel like pulling in to the first caryard i see and trading it but then i take it around a corner as i blew some yobbo into the weeds and i fall in love with it again and makes me want to seek ah parts here and seek ah parts there...........

And a "project" ke25 and yep you've guessed it - '25..... At the moment i think its got its own hobby of collecting rust, dust, spiders and other crap.

i named my KE70 with the first name that popped into my head when i saw it... i named it Albert... granted i was 15 at the time but even now i can't see it being anything else... i suggest that form of naming something, its spontaneous and often sticks...

i met this bloke thru work, he cme to our christmas brake up and brought his daughter along, her name was sage, i thought that was a prity cool name, and when i got the rolla a couple of mounths later that was the only thing i could think of.

i like random names like that, i also know a kid named james, but spelt, JAYMZ

good names there people!

i named my corollas by their color, "si biru" (means blue in english) for my first ke30 and "si ijo" (green in english) for the 2nd ke30. but for my ke20 i called it '73, stands for the year it was made hehe :). those were corollas i had in my country though..

deri

I named Daisy daisy because people in Rollaclub were in the immense habit of naming their cars. I named her after the blossom on the grille. In hindsight; I should have named her "Blossom"

I named Bubba after the dirt farmer Okie I bought him off of

the cricket is named Cricket

Jellybean was named so because she looked like a jelly bean

Fugly is so named because she is so f@$king ugly

post-432-1176045259_thumb.jpg