Gilmer Belt Drive

decoop

Ok its nearly 4 am, i can't sleep and i was thinking how cool would it be to have gilmer belt drive on my ke10. Purely for wank factor of course cos its got bugger all chance of slipping a belt. Has anyone done it?. I know u can get kits for a rotary but i wanna know if its possible to get one for a k motor. Even if its a kit with no holes drilled. anyone?(This may be a lost cause :y: )

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rohan Ambrose from extreme rotaries has made most of the AR.com group buy kits.

Can ask him, but I reckon you've got buckleys of him making 1 kit....well under like $500 anyway.

See if he'd do a group buy on like 20 kits!! :y:

Hey there mate, the only thing was with applying the gilmour drives was that i went the expensive way of it, i shopped around and i couldn't find any place that would sell the pully's individually! so off i went to the wreckers with a tape measure and found the model engines which had the similar pully off-set to the mighty 3k! lol! in the end i bought two sets of gilmour pully's, one set was to suit a holden 202 red motor, and the other set was to suit a g161 motor (holden gemini). also in those sets i bought both gilmour belts. both sets cost me just under $1000 including the two belts. So, off home i went and proceeded to apply! i used the holden 202 water pump pully for the 3k water pump, used the g161 altenator pully for the altenator (nippendenso), i had to lathe up a 2-3mm spacer to slide over the altenator shaft to get the pully off-set i was looking for.........another breath..........., had to also use loctite on the tread as i only had 60% of the origonal length, and finally the crank pully, i used the g161 crank pully, i had to machine the inside diametre hole of the pully about 1mm so it could sit flush on the standard 3k crank pully, also i had to tap 4 new threads on the standard 3k pully so i could bolt the gilmour pully to it, i drilled the 4 new holes 90 degrees to the origonal 3k pattern as the two pully patterns were different to each other, i had to use allen key headed bolts to join the two together, as there is no room for a normal bolt head!

hope this helps, just let me know if ive missed something, or your stuck in understanding,

and oops, almost forgot, i used the holden 202 belt, perfect length, and yes it does whistle its arse off,

cheers, phatke30!

Edited by phatke30

I was just talkin to one of my mates, he owns a workshop and says he can whip me up a set on his mill. so now all i gotta do is get him a dummy engine and he'll do it. reckons 300 bux tops, so once its done i'll let you all know.