Celica/hiace Wheels On Ke30

Guy

Gaday, I was wondering if it is possible to put the four-spoke Celica/Hiace wheels on a Ke30. I have some and have tried to put them on my car, but they hit on the brake caliper. I had given up, but I was looking on rollaclub and found a few ke's with them on, so I'm wondering if it is possible. cheers

post-24-1186744521_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hey there mate, ive had this problem a few times before, if its got the simitomo (is that how you spell it?) brake callipers on the front, yes it will hit, you need to track down a pair of ke55 or 70 girlock callipers, as the girlock callipers don't have that arseoff of a "fin" hanging off the side of them,

cheers, phatke30!

Hi,

They should fit.

I also found AE86 mags look similar to these but ARE different eg center caps and so on. I feel these may fit if you get mags off an AE86 with out hitting your brakes as I feel the ae86 ones are slightly bigger when I had mine on my KE55S coupe.

Cheers

Cameron

or get spacers for them....

less work then getting new calipers

can't let the thread die without point out that it's a bad idea for any car to put spaces between your hub and your wheel. not only illegal, but dangerous.

I feel better about it now.

i think you would have to be more stupid to manage to break your wheel studs, has anyone heard of any stories from them actually breaking

Yes and i actually seen it fall off, I was a front seat passenger in my mates car and we heard a knocking noise comin from the front left so i poked my head out of the window as we were only doin 40k's and the wheel nut fell off so we stopped and i picked it up to find that the stud was still in it.

When I had some big, heavy 18inch 150 spoke wire wheels on the 4runner I managed to snap a stud. To run true wire wheels with knock offs you have to bolt on an adaptor. I didn't have the adaptor bolted tight enough and the weight of the wheel managed to move the adaptor around a bit and took out one of my wheel studs. Dodgjuana.