Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

Sounds a lot like working in IT...

 

Close - education department

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

I have one of these at work at the moment. His day is coming.....

WGMG: Uni, I'm over engineering already. Who on here is a civil engineer (or similar) and can fill me in on what it's like to be an engineer in comparison to what it's like to study to be an engineer, because studying to be an engineer sucks butt.

Keep at it dude. Will be worthy in the end.

WGMG: Uni, I'm over engineering already. Who on here is a civil engineer (or similar) and can fill me in on what it's like to be an engineer in comparison to what it's like to study to be an engineer, because studying to be an engineer sucks butt.

 

I'm a mech, we have a lot of crossover with the civils. I lived and studied with two Civils through uni. The person I alongside the most with at work is a Civil and he's also a good mate of mine, so I've seen both sides, study and work.

 

I will say, categorically, study in no way represents your day to day life as an engineer. Hands down.

 

It's a tough one; you need to study and learn the stuff you're learning now, but ironically, 80% of it you may never use again. Engineering is a massive, very diverse industry and uni completely fails to teach students that simple fact.

If I could go back, I'd study the shit out of it.

 

But I'll stick to my welding course and one day Rian you can tell me what to do. Or probably tell someone that they need to tell someone else that the guy down there needs to tell that guy over there that he needs to weld that thing.

 

Then that guy will let me know that I need to weld it and I'll be on smoko, SO FCUK YOU RIAN! can't YOU WAIT 5 FCUKING MINUTES TILL IVE FINISHED MY NOODLES?

To conclude my stripped foot peg bolt saga, I have a thread guy coming in the morning to repair it. $75 onsite repair, as opposed to $120 for the correct bit and diy kit at the bearing shop. Bit of a no brainer there.

 

As opposed to having that correct bit in the shed for next time you need it?

If you had multiple threads of the same size and pitch it could prove to come in handy to buy one of your own.

 

Then again, If you only have 1 of that size and pitch it would make sense to just get the mobile bloke around.

WGMG - cut the wrong side of the rear guards to square them out, and my welder has not turned up yet, dang

WGMG- SUPER wide screen movies.

 

I buy a 42" plasma tv, 1920x1080 res. all the blls and whistles.

 

all youtubes and downloaded vids are all in 1920x1080p or whatever, looks great.

 

yet you get these DVDs from the shop, and they don't show the top 15% of the screen or the bottom 15% of the screen.

 

is it too much to ask that a proper bought DVD utilises 100% of my 16x9 screen??!?!

WGMG- SUPER wide screen movies.

 

I buy a 42" plasma tv, 1920x1080 res. all the blls and whistles.

 

all youtubes and downloaded vids are all in 1920x1080p or whatever, looks great.

 

yet you get these DVDs from the shop, and they don't show the top 15% of the screen or the bottom 15% of the screen.

 

is it too much to ask that a proper bought DVD utilises 100% of my 16x9 screen??!?!

 

Genuine cinema widescreen is often 2.39:1 (anamorphic widescreen) or 1.85:1, native widescreen TV format is 16:9 (1.77:1), so there will almost always be the black bars top and bottom. Online content and ripped videos are often cropped to 16:9 or 16:10 (a common PC widescreen monitor ratio). Most (if not all) DVD players will have the option to change the viewing aspect ratio to get rid of the letterboxing or convert to pan&scan if it annoys you that much...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.