What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

This is interesting, I have not been pulled over at all in my car, and have been on the moggil ferry with a bike officer next to me, sat at the lights next to traffic police, just driving normally that is

Driving normally is the way to go, if you want to floor it from the lights, do burnouts, cross 3 lanes of the freeway whilst sideways etc, be prepared for the unwanted attention that comes with it.

WGMG : Buying one bottle of shower gel so I can smell good and the missus using it all even though she has about 40 different potions in there for herself.

I'm gonna start using her 20 dollar moisturiser on my balls.

I hear you, living with my housemate & her daughter means I have to hide mine otherwise it doesnt last a week. Just had a count, theres 17 bottles of crap in our shower & only 2 of those are mine. So when its time to clean the shower, guess who DOESNT do it?

Carbonboy, you're a better man than I. I can Mig, Tig and Arc, but I can't oxy to save myself. I have NEVER had the knack to do it.

Man, being able to TIG weld stainless/alloy/aluminium is like a highly skilled/well practiced art form to me, I'm jealous of people who can do it & have access to the equipment. Oxy is relatively cheap & in theory TIG is similar to it except you're using an electric current to create a weld pool instead of a flame. Having said that, trying to butt weld 1mm panel steel is still bloody hard but it can be done. To me MIG seems the easiest, never had a proper go at it but aim, push button, wire fed through for you....how easy does it get?!?!

By the by I stand corrected on the hectic flutter issue, so there are ways to deliberately get that noise & its not neccessarily terminal. However I think I will pass on the noise & go for lack of lag, no slowing down of turbine = no waiting to spool back up!

Edited by carbonboy

not so much a grinds my gears.

but you know when your driving along, and some song comes on the radio, and somehow the noises in the song sound like a part of your car is breaking? so you panic, quickly turn down radio..only to realise that the noise that you thought was your wheel nuts loose was in fact some annoying electronic noise!

happened to me yesterday! pissing down rain too. i so didnt want to get out and fix something.

note: ive never actually had anything mechanical break on my while driving, but given ive done up all the bolts in my car, its always in the back fo my mind!!

but you know when your driving along, and some song comes on the radio, and somehow the noises in the song sound like a part of your car is breaking? so you panic, quickly turn down radio..only to realise that the noise that you thought was your wheel nuts loose was in fact some annoying electronic noise!

happened to me yesterday! pissing down rain too. i so didnt want to get out and fix something.

note: ive never actually had anything mechanical break on my while driving, but given ive done up all the bolts in my car, its always in the back fo my mind!!

I thought I was the only person with this issue.

Thanks to your post I realise I am not alone!!

+1 i did it yesterday driving the Whale across the CBD.

A : My Falcon breaking 8 weeks after it was 'fixed'.

B : The $110 dollar tow to my mechanic.

C : Finding out they fixed the problem in 2 minutes with a 15mm socket and no technical ability. (not my mechanic but the LPG guys).

D : Finding out it's a 'regular problem with that new part'.

Nice, you could of told my mechanic, who could of told me so I could of fixed it myself.

E : The manager/owner being such a nice guy I couldn't stay mad at him.

F : Glee being on in the background as I type this. Where the F*CK are my headphones!

Goth chicks who think they are Emo who think they are Twihards and try and mesh it all together.

Sometimes they do it right but then.....

ok.jpg

They don't

notok.jpg

I love metal/goth/punk chicks who do it right.

Edited by blzbub666

being quoted $240 for 4L of the colour paint i want from auto bahn

Try a group 4 colour....

$460+ for 4L. With over 1L of Zirconium Pearl thru it.

Quit yo complainin' :lolcry:

Edited by SLO-030

i dunno what group my paint was (Standard ke70 dark blue metalic)

but i think i only paid about $180 for 4L?

also...i cannot stand that GLEE show. got to be the most annoying show in the world (second only cooking shows, but they are in a leage of their own)