Trev's Ae71 Panelvan N/a Bigport

Trev

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well lastnight i said to myself 'I'm getting the van running tomorrow' so i took the 4ac points dizzy and one of my 4age dizzy's and swapped the gears over so that the 4ac dizzy would fit so i can start it, This is only a temp solution until i buy a 4ac electronic dizzy, I didnt worry about indexing it as its just sitting in there, After a few hours of playing around this arvo and getting it to spark good it finally fired and ran for 10 secs, I would of liked it to run longer but its a bit hard with no throttle linkage hooked up and a K motor fuel pump being used by hand to fill the carbs, I will try to get a vid of it running tomorrow.

post-1373-1211614078_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1211614065_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1211614053_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all, Hopefully Terry is at work tomorrow so i can pick up the linkage joint for the carbs so then i can get a vid happening.

Hi 5 buddy.

Might have to come check this out in a few weeks with my new *E7*

No worries, You know where i live.

A bit of playing around today and the best i could get was a 2 second run, Slim (4ages) was over to help so it was him on dizzy, Me on fuel & carbs and the missus on key, It seems as tho the points dizzy just doesnt put out enough power to ignite the compressed fuel and air mixture, I have a vid of some good flamage:

were those flames out the inlet? Looks like you need to get your base timing right.

Nah exhaust, Base timing is fine, I just loaded too much fuel into itnd retarded the timing.

Decided to get rid of the points dizzy and go with the 4age dizzy/coil setup and use the ignition control module out of an ae82 electronic dizzy, I don't have advance but who gives a shit, I might buy a controller at a later date, The spark i have now is way greater than the points dizzy even with a shitty earth to the engine and ignition system, Here are some pics of the setup and a short vid of the spark:

post-1373-1211793284_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1211793266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

Well as promised, Here is a vid of the car running, It ran alot longer than the video shows but the backfire was quite loud so i decided to shut it down, I will run it on saturday and try to time it properly:

I also took the coil and ignition module to work and situated it where the ignitor normally sits and make the wiring pretty:

post-1373-1211875405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev