Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah you could of but i thought id stir you up for getting be outta bed so early.

Today was more cleaning and if this 4AG leaks oil i will be pissed off, I removed the guards and cleaned under them, I now have most of the engine bay scrubbed just gotta do the battery holder section, While I'm at it I'm going to get another stonetray and bonnet support as they are very twisted, Oh and AE82 guards don't fit :hmm:

Heres some pics...

post-1373-1201596921_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201596968_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201597000_thumb.jpg

This is a before shot of the engine bay:

post-1373-1201597057_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201597081_thumb.jpg

Once i finish cleaning the rest i will get some really good degreaser and give it a good soak.

Today was more cleaning as I'm very keen to get this thing going, Someone once told me that ovenclean is the best automotive degreaser, Well its good shit but there wasnt much in the can so i only did a little bit, Dunno wether or not to buy more ovenclean or to get an actual degreaser:

post-1373-1201838203_thumb.jpg

Yesterday i started with cleaning the webers up with petrol as they had a bit of crap in them, So they got fully stripped and i also cleaned the jets out, I think that the weber is the easiest carby i have ever worked on:

post-1373-1201838469_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201838445_thumb.jpg

I also found out why one of the carbies wasnt returning from acceleration, It had a broken internal return spring, I know it prolly doesnt matter when they are joined together but I'm gonna fix it:

post-1373-1201838592_thumb.jpg

This is how i cleaned the jets out, Pipe cleaners come in handy:

post-1373-1201838660_thumb.jpg

I melted the end on the cleaner so i could get into the tight bits:

post-1373-1201838697_thumb.jpg

Then in went the fluffy bit:

post-1373-1201838790_thumb.jpg

They were followed with a blow out.

This is the carb with the broken spring fully opened up and i released the plunger:

post-1373-1201838862_thumb.jpg

Just gotta buy 2 gasket kits and they are good to go, i also got the numbers from the jets and the chokes:

Jets = 40

Primary chokes = 45

Secondry chokes = 36

(I think i have them 2 names correct)

Also this is why I'm trying to sell my manifold:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...N:IT&ih=005

Edited by Trev

Yup... mr muscle is the go for engine bay scrubbin.... just get the proper hardcore sniff and burn your sinus variety, the non caustic type is for girls.

Bugger the scrubbin, I sprayed it on and walked away, Water did the rest.

Got some more ovenclean later today:

post-1373-1201858900_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201859086_thumb.jpg

Pulled the house carpet out as it didnt even cover the floor, Just gotta get the other carpet:

post-1373-1201859181_thumb.jpg

Got another yellow stonetray lined up so i took the bent one off and aligned the front better:

post-1373-1201859314_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think of this:

post-1373-1201859441_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1201859461_thumb.jpg

I wanted to use the badge but didnt wanna stick it on the sedan, Its still got a bit of work tho.

Yes i put last years jambo sticker on it today, I didnt want it to go to waste.

Edited by Trev

Did a few more little things to it again today, Cleaned the floor of dirt and excess underlay and put the tacho and volts guage in that i had laying around along with my twincam wheel:

post-1373-1202023536_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1202023571_thumb.jpg

You can actualy see the tacho quite well and the light is pointed at my face, Matt (LRS) has a sandwich plate for me, Gotta get the carpet off Teddy and i just gotta get the manifold i won on ebay the other day, I don't have extractors as yet but i can borrow some to fire it up.

Looks tidy trev.

Ill drop off the sandwhich plate one arvo after work as I'm passing through. don't know where I could get a Twinky wheel like yours do you? Cops say my face grater has to go....

The badge looks cool, I'm really starting to like mine on the front too. Dunno about the removed bit though....

Looks tidy trev.

Ill drop off the sandwhich plate one arvo after work as I'm passing through. don't know where I could get a Twinky wheel like yours do you? Cops say my face grater has to go....

The badge looks cool, I'm really starting to like mine on the front too. Dunno about the removed bit though....

yeah no worries mate i will have the dosh here, Nah i took that one off my seca for the time being, I know slim has one that i asked for the other day but i dunno whats happening with it.

Yeah i forgot you had yours and noticed it again when i posted in your thread, I woulda just ziptied it or something (just wasted a perfect grille), What i wanna do with mine is fill the space with some perspex so its flat and inserted and then mould it in so it don't look so weird

I just did a quick carboard cutout job with the grille insert and painted it with blackboard paint, Once i get the grill done it will be all repainted.

post-1373-1202027088_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1202027105_thumb.jpg

So if anyone here is in brisbane and does plastic welding you will come in handy :jamie:

EDIT: I slapped a few front panels together to see what it was like, I reckon it will be the goods when its all done properly and the car is put bac together.

post-1373-1202028277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev