Matts Ke30......sr20det

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

had to dig to find this thread! so... the previous list is all done.

found a good second hand chrome bonnet strip (thanks massively to a local forum member). Also got front bumper rechromed, was really lucky to have a overrated one here to use.

IMG_1609_zps47d1e162.jpg

IMG_1610_zpsaa35d64c.jpg

Got some custom spark leads made to suit my setup, the sr20de ones i was using had the wrong ends at the coil and were very temporary.

Fixed the oil leaks, one from the timing chain tensioner, and one from the sump, so i put a new sump pan on.

Found a good second hand column switch (thanks massively to a local forum member), all the lights and stuff work finally!

I made this little cover for the pod filter, the police get stupid over pod filters around here, so out of sight is a good thing.

IMG_1608_zps96d0294b.jpg

IMG_1600_zps2a91c5c3.jpg

Also got some nice legit wheels for street cruising, they are 15x7 +11, so not jdm hectik dorifto spec, they sit nice on the car.

they were pretty dull and showing their age when i got them, and although very few ding and rash they took me two days to sand and polish and repaint, ect. At least i got to spin them on the lathe to sand and polish the outers so not pure elbow grease!

IMG_1581_zpsf7a50789.jpg

IMG_1580_zpsa3e0708c.jpg

IMG_1613_zps68942329.jpg

IMG_1612_zpsf0cc1e24.jpg

IMG_1614_zps58032f6d.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsc66ee749.jpg

IMG_1611_zps0950f869.jpg

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!
  • Upvote 1

Read the whole thing and my hat goes off to you sir. Its not too often you see a car done "right" this car has been done right and then some. This is by far the best KE30 I have ever seen, that engine bay . . . wow! Wishing I had your skills, patience and persistence.

P.s your getting that exhaust housing coated right? ;)

thanks heaps jordan, its been a long time but i think i have it just how i want it now. cheers. btw, you got the skills.

carlos, the padding will have sewn covers, i bought the beige velcro, just finishing touches for later.

mick, cheers mate, you definately know about clean engine bays, nice photo shoot!

• 4 months later...

thanks guys! The adaptor came from the usa but has since been discontinued. There is a guy on ebay who sells gearboxes with the adaptor so he must know where to find them, otherwise als race glides makes them as well in a super strong steel version.

Updates!!!!!!

Going to e85.

bosch ID2000's installed.

IMG_1741_zps5b348b07.jpg

out with the old.

IMG_1712_zpsaafe8a43.jpg

in with the new, well getting there.......

IMG_1739_zps25addf50.jpg

IMG_1737_zpsfaf3340f.jpg

IMG_1740_zps116dbda6.jpg