Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3kr

Featured Replies

I'm not sure if pics of this have been posted...but for the new people who haven't seen it..here it is!!

 

post-632-1201704356_thumb.jpgpost-632-1201704363_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201704367_thumb.jpgpost-632-1201704388_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201704395_thumb.jpgpost-632-1201704399_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201704403_thumb.jpg

 

I mentioned a while ago that I would post these.

These pics were taken by Stewart Ford in the "Toyota History Garage", which is next to "Toyota Megaweb" in Odaiba (Tokyo bay). The engine is based on an old 3K block and has slide throttles, dry sump.. mechanical injection...sexy

tis a thing of beauty. any power figures?

Only about 50 billion times. 1293cc 180ps @ 9500 rpm 14.0kg @ 7000rpm.

 

And if people don't STOP calling it a 3K-R and start calling it by its correct name (150E) I'm going to shoot myself.

But if people call it a 3K-R then it means they can keep dreaming of the day that they fit an 'R' head to their 5K to build "THE ULTIMATE K-SERIES MOTOR". Don't even mention the fact that Rover had a DOHC 16V K-series motor. It probably only had a little bit less in common with the 3K than the 150E did.

 

BTW, does anyone know where I can source a 151E head for my 13T? Plus I need some 503E valves for my 3S-GTE. ;)

I will be going to both of those places in Odaiba in a couple of weeks, whereapon I shall inspect this randomly named engine for myself.

 

Upon my return I shall be doing a national spoken word tour, and charging a small fee to touch me.

I would love to put one in my speedway cars and go to scruitineering *lifts bonnet* WTF is that thats illegal nah mate its a 3k look at the block, Ok mate *close bonnet* off you go. Now that would beat the cheating FWD Charades i have to race against ;)

Quite frankly, I almost instantly came.

Hahahahahha. Seriously though, that is a nice piece of work. And yes i had not seen it before, thanks for sharing it.

bro try ebay bro lol

Very nice, i didn't even know this kind of hybrid K series engine could be built. Crazy! it is a hybrid motor isn't it. ;)

I could imagine what that would cost, 50k maybe more. :bash:

Very nice, i didn't even know this kind of hybrid K series engine could be built. Crazy! it is a hybrid motor isn't it. ;)

 

Not hybrid, all custom. It was built for the TS Cup Starlets in japan in order to break the winning streak of the datsuns and it succeeded on the 24th of November 1973 at Fuji Speedway taking a 1-2 finish.

someone told me it was 3k block with a 16v smallport head grafted on....

 

apparently not ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.