Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

much involved in a solid lifter conversion if the motor is already stripped and you have a spare 3K??

 

Just need,holden/chev solid lifters and datsun A12 pushrods and youre away.Pushrods can be a tad hard to find thesedays.

 

A nice little cam with those carbs would be good.

 

MAtt

  • Replies 465
  • Views 304k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

:'( I'm reading mixed reviews on necessity of this conversion...

 

Mybowlcut's recent thread If its possible to get a resonable sound and decent performance (Edit: hi to mid 16's would be nice) without the change, I might stick with the hydro's?

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

From what I've gathered it's easier to get the hydro cam re-ground and shave a bit off the rocker pedestals. I would have done it but I don't have two cars... :'(

:'( I'm reading mixed reviews on necessity of this conversion...

 

Mybowlcut's recent thread If its possible to get a resonable sound and decent performance (Edit: hi to mid 16's would be nice) without the change, I might stick with the hydro's?

 

 

Yeah whatever floats your'e boat, you can get a mild hydro grind done on the cam by CEC in ossy park if you want.

 

MAtt

  • Author

OK, I'm done for tonight. Madrolla, if you can let me know what you got and what you want for it all, it will be much appreciated. See all you good peoples tomorrow :'(

hey mate, well jealous of your paint job:)

 

i'm currently undergoing the same deal, but without all the help or experience lol.

 

tossin up whether to take it to a shop, look for people that do weekend work from home, or tackle the job myself!!!

 

good luck putting it back together i know how fun they are to take apart:)

 

peace.

Don't bother with the diff upgrade, my KE17 race car with a little over a 100hp at the wheels has no probs with the factory 4.1 diff. As for your 5K, a stage 2 cam some port work the factory twin carbs, extractors will all be fine with the auto. Red vinal trim always looks retro and never dates, you could always add some grey to it like i had in my KE18.

Cars looking good!! :P

post-834-1228734886_thumb.jpg

  • Author

You've just made my day for the second time! Great to hear the diff should be able to withstand the upgrade.

You've just made my day for the second time! Great to hear the diff should be able to withstand the upgrade.

it really depends on how you drive the car. Ive only snapped ONE axle in my car (which then smashed the diff casing) in the 3 months its been on the road, and thats with 167rwkw.....

 

That was with 195's on the back, with the stockies on ive never had any problems.

  • Author

That's not bad... I will be putting in a rev limiter just in case anything lets go.

I will be doing burnouts/ launching if she goes to the drags?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Car is no longer going in Motorvation. :y: decided not to rush everything (polite version).

 

On an up note, the interior is finished and I'll be picking it up Monday!!! :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Updates!!

 

Twin carbies are rejetted and ready to rock!! :)

 

I've started painting the interior.

 

Camshaft is out and ready to send to be reground.

Madrolla, I'll be using the guys you recommended for the regrind (Oh, and I still want the trim, just need to wait a couple of weeks before I can afford it..).

Will be converting to solid lifters.

 

Managed to force the front apron on, but still not happy with the fit.

 

I won't be putting the rear bumper back on until I can afford to buy a new one, mine is stuffed.

 

Absolutely rapped with the interior!!

Thank you K&B Motor Trimmers!

gallery_4749_89_687355.jpg

gallery_4749_89_609172.jpg

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

looking sweet can't wait to see more i demand mooore :lmao:

i am so jealous that you almost done and i just starting :)

  • Author

Ah, but you'll get there!

 

 

Just make sure you're careful when stripping her down... unlike we were! :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.