67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad

Thanks Tom's dad, looks like she'll be finished early next year (but probably never stop tinkering). I keep redoing things to get them perfect :P

Thanks Mark, I've changed my mind a few times. Now going to take the engine and box out once she's finished and repaint the block back to original hammer-tone green, polish the rocker cover and carbies, powder coat the front fan and air filter housing and get everything perfect. Probably touch up or redo the engine bay while it's out.

Soon!!

:D

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Thanks Stuart.

lol, I really should have changed the name a couple years back. Now it's kind of true... I hope.

Well I just made it home from my travels (about 2am this morning), so it's off to the panel shop tomorrow to see how the boot lid is coming along. Given how well they straightened the bonnet for our RA60 Celica after it's crash I'm sure it will be perfect. As it's being done by the boss man after hours as a cash job it may not be ready yet.

I'm going to try and figure out how to measure what length throttle cable I need today. After days of flying (Vienna to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Perth) and with the temp in my garage likely to be over 45Deg, I'll be happy to just check that off the list.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Simon, I'd like to think I've grown up a little over the 7 years I've been working on this car... not much but a little.

Very glad I decided to go all original but damn it's been a hard slog to find all the original parts in good condition.

Plan is to finish fitting the brakes this week then trailer her over to the panel shop (I'll speak to them this week and see when they can fit her in).

Then last trip by trailer over to the exhaust shop. Once she has an exhaust she's driving!

Lots of little things to do but much easier to do them with her driving!

A lot of RC people have helped me to get this far,thanks Gauthier for convincing me to just get the blood thing back on the road and worry about the rest later... I was stuck trying to get every detail perfect and getting no where.

• 1 month later...