"come Play In The Dirt....or Maybe Mud...day"!!

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ladies and Gents, I HAS A THRASHER!!!!! :)

IMG021.jpg

IMG022.jpg

IMG023.jpg

IMG024.jpg

IMG025.jpg

In ^^^ this pic, the rust is so bad that if you open the boot, you can see the ground behind the rear passenger tire.......LOL

Not bad for a $320 Ebay special.

About the front looking really clean, it is, as a result, I'm taking everything good out of or off this car as spares/replacements for Project Tofu, the rest gets rally-bashed relentlessly until dead......... :P

Anyone want an A/C unit?

Come on Si, when we going scouting? (can't this weekend though, Gotta go see the parentals, How about Monday 25?)

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Sorry 'bout that NickZ, I didn't really know what I was doing on Ebay and just kinda kept clicking until it said "It's yours".......

Looks Fab from the front, very clean, but from about the rear doors back, it's like someone bathed it in "ultra rust" :)

Still, gonna part it out whenever I make space for it in the backyard, and strip it ready for CPitDD!

It's ok flat out, you can breathe, I only want to take Si out there on the 25th for the scouting run, to organise exactly where everything should be held + parking space + BBQ area Etc. You can relax now....... :P

Probably not for a while yet, me and Si need to go out there and scout out a BBQ area and motorkhana spot as well as find some other fun oportunities, plus I need to finish up the preparations on ORB MkII........

Random Q#1: Anyone got a spare KE70 manifold?

Random Q#2: Anyone in the Launceston area handy with a welder?

Plz PM me.......

Sounds like a huge amount of fun,But......

You should make it a rule that you must have a single rollover bar and a helmet.

I'm sure someones got a pipe bender/arc welder/and some shitty scrap water pipe bout 40mm.

woudn't take much to do.All pitch in .

Sorry to put a dampener on your 4sheezy day'hate to see anyone killed.

If that was to happen (god forbid) this site may get closed down.

Any hoe hope it all goes well, would come but bout 4000km away.

Tones

Sounds like a huge amount of fun,But......

You should make it a rule that you must have a single rollover bar and a helmet.

I'm sure someones got a pipe bender/arc welder/and some shitty scrap water pipe bout 40mm.

woudn't take much to do.All pitch in .

Sorry to put a dampener on your 4sheezy day'hate to see anyone killed.

If that was to happen (god forbid) this site may get closed down.

Any hoe hope it all goes well, would come but bout 4000km away.

Tones

Valid point, hence the "take it easy approach of the first day", flat stuff with minimum bumps for day one, and go harder from then on.......

I do like the idea of roll cages though, happy to pay someone/supply beer to the person who can make one up for me........

Once we get into the serious stuff, I'll make rollbars mandatory, I know how dangerous it can get and don't want to see anyone get hurt, let alone killed.

Dedicated thrashers FTW.

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Is this happening on private land with the owners permission and they know that they can be liable for injury?

This is why its hard to organize such events, as you are not doing a simple cruise and the fact you are using rollaclub id be very carefull, everyone may take it easy but you could get one idiot turn up (may not be even a member, just read the site) and there could be problems.

I really think the smarter thing for all involved would be to join a club, Motorsports club of tasmania is only $30 a year to join, usualy $30 for an event, these are motorkanas, Drifting, super sprints.

That way the rollaclub meets are all covered under the CAMS, CAMS licences cost about $89 for adult and junior are approx $35 a year.