"come Play In The Dirt....or Maybe Mud...day"!!

Taz_Rx

Hey Guys,

Bout time I put something up about this and got the ball rolling.

As a few of you now know, Ben (Toy-Yoda) and I have been discussing doing a bit of a "cruise", but with a very different twist!! It has been illuded to a couple of times as the "how far will your old rolla make it cruise".

The general out line for what I think would make a good first* outting is as follows:

All vehicles are welcome, rollas or not, HOWEVER....This is not a cruise for neat street/show car, but for those who have a second 'lesser value' car or beater. My NA car is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

We're not going to tell you weather your car can come or not, its up to you weather you want to bring it. Key works here are gravel/dirt roads, ditches and puddles, chips and scrathes from stones or bushes.....get the idea!!!!

We will be setting up camp for the day in a open area - Think car park in the bush! This will be used as a base for the days activities. I'll bring a BBQ out with me for lunch, if people want to chuck in a like $5 each I can also organise a few snags, burgers, bread, and a carton or 2 of shoft drink. Or once again, if you're a fussy prick then bring your own steak!

Activities:

The sort of thing we're looking at doing is a few "freindly competition" trials.

The open area we use for lunch will also serve as a homemade motorkhana area, with a couple of different courses.

We will also find a few not-too-rough tracks to tackle climbing etc, and take it turns doing passes. Depending on how people are doing we can up the anti!

When I say "freindly competetion", I mean some very casual scoring. There will be no timing of any event - even the motorkhana. I think the best way to do it is if we all simply 'judge' each other on things like style, poise, and attitude!!! Should make for a more enjoyable day as there will be no winners.

Just touching on vehicles again, any vehicles are welcome...but within reason. Remember this is a rollaclub cruise, I'd prefer to keep it sort of just between us, but for example: If you have a freind with a beater and he wants to come, and he'll let you drive it too then thats cool. Just don't go posting it all over other forums, telling your commonwhore driving mates etc etc.

When it come to rollerclubbers......bring what you got! For example Leigh has a Drover (sierra), which he's more than welcome to bring although its not even a toyota.

Ideally the cars need to be registered, as will will be meeting somehwere in town and travelling out to the spot (30-45 minutes) in the morning. The type of spot we will being going could permit an un-registered car to be trailered to the site.

I know quite a few do not have suitable cars to attend. Now I will probably regret this, but if you show some respect I'll let these people have a crack in MY CAR so you don't miss out.

The spot has been decided....however I am not ever going to list it here!

Some already know were will be going, I ask that you please don't either.

If you can't wait and want to know where we will be going, I can tell people via PM at my discretion.

We have done a bit of research with the aid of google earth, but myself and Ben will be doing a recon trip shortly, to decide on our "open area". I will be taking my old car and will guage how accessable some areas are, and maybe find some offroad courses.

When:

This is completely up in the air at the moment with no dates even suggested.

Just want to see if there is actually enough interest from you guys befor we start formally planning anything. If not, it'll still happen, except it'll just be me, Ben and some of our mates!!

We are however starting to run out of summer, so it may be a good idea if we look at something soon so it doesn't become "Come play in the MUD day"! haha

*There's a lot of other ideas that have come up in conversation, and a few different "formats" for the day.

Depending on how interested people are in coming, and the success of the first one, I will start releasing ideas for days 2, 3 and so on. And trust me, some of these ideas will make for some unforgettable "cruises"! :(

I'll leave you with 3 pictures, that most of you have probably seen already in the Randon Photo Thread.....just as an example/teaser..........

Rolla045aa.jpg

Rolla055a.jpg

And.............................

100_1091.jpg

Forgot to mention above, there will be several "recovery vehicle" attending incase things get a little.....sticky!!! :)

Edited by Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm...........

:)

:(

:)

FAMOUS!!!!! :bash:

Oh it's so on now.......... People: this will be EPIC! Easy for starters tho, but good-wholesome-dirt-tearing-fun for the slightly mad..........

Although I have to point out that playing in the mud is equally awesome if not even more fun because the car gets dirtier, you get dirtier, and it's more challenging to keep your car pointing in the direction you want it to go........ It'd make for some interesting looks from the locals on the way home too......... Lines of cars covered in mud.......... Very cool.

I think the idea is not to even attempt any *decent/hardcore* climbs for the moment..........

I have a place in mind that I need to take Si to in the near future that *should* make a good motorkhana area with plent of options for courses and plenty of "minor hazards" like 6 inch diameter rocks on the very inside edge of some of the corners........... Maybe we could move them/avoid them a bit for starters.......

But for those who are prepared to push the limits (in a controlled and semi-sensible manner, IE let's try to avoid getting killed) and put their shitter car on the line, I know of a few trails and paths *cough* *jumps* *cough* that will prove to be something highly entertaining and very photo/film worthy....... :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's probably for "cruise 2" though....... We'll have to see what pans out......... :(

Come on people! Let's see some enthusiasm!!!!!

OOOH, NEW IDEA!!! Let's do a "donut around a thrasher" competition, see who can hold the neatest, tightest donut(s) around a stationary car........ :)

Something to think on.......

OOOH, NEW IDEA!!! Let's do a "donut around a thrasher" competition, see who can hold the neatest, tightest donut(s) around a stationary car........ :lol:

Something to think on.......

Fark me, you guy's are crazzzzy :'(

I wish I lived in Tazzy...........nah stuff that, I like my sister but not like that :hmm:

The "biggest rolla cruze ever" almost sounds lame next to this.

Go forth and be inspired

post-3379-1203243766_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Dan

update! got my license and a Subaru impreza to lend off my sister, I'm up for whatever you throw at me!

:P *as flat out understeers into a tree in the impreza*

On topic: I secured a thrasher today........... ANOTHER ke70!!!!! It's so on now......... Oh, hang on, need to paint it in camo yet, I'll visit Chickenfeed and go nuts with rattlecans!!! Overspray FTW!!

When you up for the scouting run Si?

EDIT: Need to weld the diff too,knew I forgot something, like the most important bit!!!!

Edited by Toy-Yoda