Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

Members dont see this ad

whoa looks awesome mate, i can only hope to get mine to this standard once painted wish i changed my orange one back to white but decided to keep it orange when i did the engine bay :/

Thanks mate, in my opinion orange looks great on your car! I wouldn't change it !

Hey Long, the MDF was from Bunnings and the vynil from Clark Rubber.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Rather significant update;

LKE020 is now registered! :D

I have smashed the hours on the car over the last two weeks and the car is now rego'd and roadworthy (amazing what a bet with a mate will do :P). The car would have been done sooner but I had spent the previous few weeks on my brother's Stanza; prepping for a race day, breaking the car and fixing it!

Still plenty more to do on the car before I'm happy with it but I must say I'm bloody stoked to have it on the road and enjoy driving it. I'm blown away by all the attention and positive comments I have received from other road users. A big thanks to the mates that helped out pulling late nights on the car till 3am to get it sorted!

This has been such a great learning experience and even though things haven't gone to plan I'm still glad I bought this car.

I will be taking the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend and so will have the chance to get some better pictures when I'm there, (apologies for the quality of these).

More updates to come. An exhaust, motor, 5-speed and a few other goodies shouldn't be far away!

409347_4384557144992_2059533842_n.jpg

76235_4384534504426_306113140_n.jpg

293816_4384531944362_1645582701_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I took the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend as I was going waterskiing with mates. Car ran pretty well but I think I have a blocked PCV, there was some oil leakage issues on the run up.

Still have a number of things to do;

-Finish cutting the paint, cleanse and wax

-5 Speed

-Stereo

-Mild N/A 5k

-Diff and brake upgrades

-Lower the rear

Long term: 3SGE/3SGTE?

DSC03495.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys,

Jimi, I picked up the flag from a rickety little store in the suburbs of Osaka when I was there last year. It appears to be hand painted/screen printed.

I thought it would add a different touch to the rear of the car and also stop the rear seat deteriorating more in the sun lol! I also held onto some coinage to put in the car at shows.

The venetian will be re-fitted to the car once I have re-painted it and replaced some of the mounting tabs, one of the many jobs still left on the to-do list!