V8 Ke20 1uzfet Project

oke020

Members dont see this ad
your a crazy crazy man.................I LOVE IT!!!

your old 13BT set-up was the inspiration for my car

I have a few videos of it at a powercruise (i think) event from a few years ago, i still love watching

I had so much fun at powercruise, its awesome to be able to give it all its got and not have to worry about some nasty blue and red lights popping up in the rear view :rocknroll:

In the end with the 13bt i had roughly the same power as what the 1UZFET will have but less torque, the 13bt had no problems, i will see how it goes with a 1uz, it has a dodgy strut brace setup on it already and the engine bay is seem welded and really max tyre size will be a 235 et radial so lack of traction will limit the twist a bit, The 2jz one however has 275 et radials with room for more so the cage ties into the struts and i have put chassis connectors in it and another moly crossmember under the intercooler.

I made the engine mounts last night and i am onto the crossmember, had a quick look before i called it a night and its easy so by end of tonight the engine will be sitting on its own mounts.

Looking at trying an adaptronic ecu, very featured and very good price, also purchased a 2nd hand tial 44mm gate and a 800hp turbo :jamie:

hey this is going to be killer ,,

I to are about to start jamming my 1uz into me ke20 rolla, so mmm you don't mind if i use

some of your ideas if i get stuck ...

mine will be just for burnouts as most people know S.A don't hav a bloody drag strip. :rocknroll: so i too wont be going extreme with rollcages an stuff ,,

as for your shed time ,,i know a mate like that will go to work ,come home see the kids ,an wife has tea then goes in the shed till god knows what time in the morning ,an then does it all over again but his wife also lays some rules giving allocated shed time ,,so some weeks it will none stop an then some weeks it will be stay inside ,,...

but damn does he pull out some awsome conversions

any way back to ya thread mate keep up the killer work ,,

cheers ADAM

hey this is going to be killer ,,

I to are about to start jamming my 1uz into me ke20 rolla, so mmm you don't mind if i use

some of your ideas if i get stuck ...

mine will be just for burnouts as most people know S.A don't hav a bloody drag strip. :rocknroll: so i too wont be going extreme with rollcages an stuff ,,

as for your shed time ,,i know a mate like that will go to work ,come home see the kids ,an wife has tea then goes in the shed till god knows what time in the morning ,an then does it all over again but his wife also lays some rules giving allocated shed time ,,so some weeks it will none stop an then some weeks it will be stay inside ,,...

but damn does he pull out some awsome conversions

any way back to ya thread mate keep up the killer work ,,

cheers ADAM

Yeah mate pick away, mine had a 55 crossmember in it and it had to stay to keep the correct lower control arms to suit the struts, from my measurements with the stock crossmember and steering the engine would probably fit better and lower. The tunnel though needs to be quite large so this will be the only majorish obstacle. I trial fitted a vs radiator last night and with a bit of trimming here and there should get it in with a 12" fan and still fit an intercooler out front.

The turbo will sit up behind the passenger head light, similar to my old vh but alot tighter.

Here is pic of my old vh.

2552.jpg

Edited by oke020

Yeah mate pick away, mine had a 55 crossmember in it and it had to stay to keep the correct lower control arms to suit the struts, from my measurements with the stock crossmember and steering the engine would probably fit better and lower. The tunnel though needs to be quite large so this will be the only majorish obstacle. I trial fitted a vs radiator last night and with a bit of trimming here and there should get it in with a 12" fan and still fit an intercooler out front.

yeah mate the tunnel is gotta come out anyways as it has the holden 6 in there an gotta replace the fire wall but should be worth it in the end ,,

also your wiring ,,did you do that yourself or get some else to cut an shut it for ya ,

cheers dude

adam

Hey mate i have done lots and lots of factory cut and shut looms, full car looms and eftermarket ecu installs, on this car i plan to run the stock ecu and piggy back an adaptronic in so the gearbox still drives as normal etc, if you like i can take notes on what wires go where to get it running, i have never done a stock 1uzfe ecu before but i will work it out.

Hey mate i have done lots and lots of factory cut and shut looms, full car looms and eftermarket ecu installs, on this car i plan to run the stock ecu and piggy back an adaptronic in so the gearbox still drives as normal etc, if you like i can take notes on what wires go where to get it running, i have never done a stock 1uzfe ecu before but i will work it out.

yeah mate that will be great ,you will save me alot of time with this part,(wiring) as for the installation looks pretty much simple so next couple of months mine should be in ...

also what sort of boost are you going to run ,would the standard ecu be enough to look after the turbo upgrade ,

thanks again mate,, appreciate your help

ADAM

yeah mate that will be great ,you will save me alot of time with this part,(wiring) as for the installation looks pretty much simple so next couple of months mine should be in ...

also what sort of boost are you going to run ,would the standard ecu be enough to look after the turbo upgrade ,

thanks again mate,, appreciate your help

ADAM

Hey mate i have seen people getting away with about 7 psi with single ebay t70 turbos on the factory ecu and injectors, they would most probably have a 1:3 ratio rising reg or something, problem is 1uzfe's are pretty high comp from factory, timing control is pretty important once you start forcing air in aswell.

What happened to the flea? website is down?

I got about 4 hours in on the KE20 tonight, prepped boot lid, putty coated front guards, also got to put some colour under the boot lid as i wanted to test the new paint i bought. Also start plating up some rust in the bonnet i got with it. Engine mounts are complete, gearbox crossmember complete, will try and make the tailshaft adapter and source a patrol tailshaft this week, also the turbo and gate and other missing engine bits should turn up so i can clean up the engine and bolt it in for good.

I have to do something about getting a ke70 column and knuckles, i have a few pms to reply to about this.

I had a break from paint and panel tonight, modified a KE70 column, cut and shaped a 4mm steel base plate to bolt in place of the original rubber, bolted it in got the holesaw out and made the hole for the column to pass through. Its all tacked up ready for welding, i shortened the shaft between the two knuckles by removing the inner from the outer and trimming both to suit. I now have steering :poke: the 20 steering wheel fits to :D column i got was bare though so i need another with all the indicator,wiper, headlight stalks in place, also need the shells and barrel with key to match :yes: