V8 Ke20 1uzfet Project

oke020

Hey all

I have been getting bored awaiting parts from the US for my 2JZ KE20 so i bought back a KE20 i owned years ago and i have started fitting a 1UZFE, it will use a largish frame turbo similar to what i used in a previous 1UZFET Vh commodore i built.

So far i have tidied up the seem welded engine bay and applied a base coat of toyota D3 Bamboo of course :lolcry: . The car already had a larger skyline tunnel in it and as hoped it swallows the a340e gearbox without a problem. The crossmember is KE55 i had to move it forward 20mm and move the lower control arms in 30mm to get the track and wheelbase back to standard ke20, the struts are from an ra40 celica and custom height adjustable and have koni shocks. The brakes are VT Commodore disks and calipers (still to mount the calipers). I have mounted a ke70 rack to the rear of the 55 crossmember, will need to find some shorter tie rod ends but looks like it will work.

There is alot more room than what i thought, manifolds will be reversed landcruiser headers, should easily get both pipes up to a merge at the turbo that will sit behind the passenger headlight. Looks like i will be able to fit a vs radiator and fan aswell as a 75mm thick inter cooler behind the stock grill position.

Here are some pics, i am trying to find KE70 parts, i need a steering column and knuckles and shafts, aswell as the rack clamps, does anyone have any parts?

2977.jpg

2980.jpg

2979.jpg

2982.jpg

2976.jpg

Members dont see this ad

How in gods name do you get time to do all this stuff with kids mate, i don't

get it:), i have 2 project cars and not enough time for one.

Do you hide in the shed to get away from the wife, ha,ha, or are you one of those people

that needs no sleep and stays out in the shed till the early hours every night...must have your

trade secret:), if you could bottle it, i will take a box full:)

love your work and enthusiam, can't wait to see what you do next

cheers

darren

Ha ha cheers mate :rocknroll:, without my silly little projects i'd go mad.

I deal with kids in morning, then i goto work, after work i chase parts if needed from 4:00pm-5:00pm, i spend 2 hours after that doing kid stuff, dinner, get them to bed by 7:00pm then i change into the daggies, hit the shed, turn the tunes on :jamie: try to finish doing loud stuff by 8:30 as i have a pain in the arse sook neighbour one side of me and a police man the other haha. Usually call it a night somewhere between 11-12pm. Weekends are a bloody write off i spend it being a child entertainment system. lol

Made the straps to hold the rack in last night and bolted it all in. Clearanced some bits on the firewall and back of engine, on the test fit i got the engine back a further 20mm. I don't think this car is going to be a lead tipped arrow as i first thought, i would say more than 50% of the engine / gearbox weight is behind the front axle line

Your a machine:), We have the same time table, but the time you go out in the

shed is the time i spend with my wife otherwise i would be divorced, ha,ha.

Is this project going to be for sale like the others once completed?

I check on your website weekly , have become a bit of a fan of your work:)

cheers

darren

Yeah luckily my wife is a school teacher and she has hours of planning to do each night :rocknroll: the trade off though is i pretty much lose shed time on the weekends.

Cool i have been seeing quite alot of traffic to my web of late (not today lol, adsl2 issues) i will need to start finishing stuff or i might get a reputation for not soon.

For some reason i just can't bring myself to sell corollas, i plan to finish this one off with about 430rwhp, make it tough as nails and reliable and let wife / mates drive it at powercruises and other car events while i drive the 2jz one.