Fuel Prices -

I got this today from my Dad, it sounds encouraging, and I remember reading something about this a couple of months ago, do you think it would really work? I haven't used BP or Shell for some time, preferring the smaller operaters (Liberty and our local private service station (which has premium at the cost of the standard everywhere else) but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Lesley :lolcry:

LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....hopefully

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this PLEASE.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre SOON in NZ and it might go higher!! Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.

It is currently $1.93 for regular unleaded in NZ !!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their petrol! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol.

But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP NZ or Australia, the biggest price up driver company.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP NZ and Aust. petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us s end it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) .. And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 .... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Simple – send the message along to other and do not buy petrol from BP NZ. or BP Aust.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this sounds good in theory I feel that it is a bit pointless. They will make their money on another day. By not filling up on one day they will make their money back the next. It would have to be that we all decide not to use our cars, therefore not needing to fill up as long as possible.

BP[/u] NZ and Aust. petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us s end it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) .. And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 .... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

Simple – send the message along to other and do not buy petrol from BP NZ. or BP Aust.[/b]

but hang on, what if i have a mutual friend that i send it to that you have as well, and that friend has a mutual friend with you that is not my friend,

if they are on our first tier of recipients, by the time the message gets to the fifth level, if just one person on every tier has a mutual friend, that message is not going to 200,000,000 people, it is being sent 200,000,000 times to the same 20,000 people and being called spam.

think about it

the odds of 1 message going to 20,000 people and none being mutual friends.

shoots down the theory of six degrees of seperation.

IMO that means about 3000 people will get this message.

FLAME ON!!!!!

This would work if you failed to buy from BP for a period of time, I used to work for a caltex servo and you have to price watch the local servo's and put there prices into the computer system, it then comes back at what price you should trade your fuel for, So realistically it should make them lower thier prices after a period of time of not buying from them.

they make a shit load from their cafes and subways that they have in the shops, oh and on public holidays when the shops are closed, every man and his dog goes there and buys durries, chips, ice, drinks, lollies etc. so i personally don't think this will work, and i choose to use BP because its about 1 minute from my house lol.

This one goes round every few months, great in theory, but the amount of fuel people use for personal use is small in comparison to business in a society that is driven by the mass market. Every thing that you buy has been transported, from 1 location to another, by air, by land or sea. You have to stop living to stop handing a percentage of your pay packet to the oil companies. Not buying fuel for 1 day doesn't create a long term impact.

Fuel in Australia realistically hasn't been inflating at a very high rate, the price fixing and fluctuations, I consider to be borderline illegal, but most have become accustomed to knowing when to buy their fuel each week. In the UK they already pay an equivalent of $2.32 AU per litre, which is brutal in a country that's minimum wage is $412 AU dollars per week.

At the crux of the problem is the fact the big corporations believe in near exponential growth. Each year the CEO looks at a piece of paper that states a profit, and they say to the managers, "Next year we need to make more money to please the shareholders and owners". The fact is, for there profits to keep on going up, everything has to keep costing more, and incomes can't be inflated at the same rate of the increase of living or their margins aren't in a state of growth. This is the biggest flaw of capitalism in the corporate world.

So basically, things are only going to get more expensive, but there is one choice that's yours. Do I spend all my grocery money at woolworths or coles? Or, do I help keep small business alive, buying all my meat at the local butchers and vege's at the grocers. Spend your money wisely, are the profits going to someone who's from your local area who'll more than likely be spending some of that money at another local outlet? Or is it just filling up the pockets of a few billionaire's living he high life.

I don't think you understood my point about woolies. It's about the money you spend going to someone who lives up the road from you, not to shareholders and CEO's. Woolworths probably won't notice a dent in there sales, but the impact to small business if you take the turn away from woolies for your meat and veg is going to be a positive thing for the community.

bp will have to be avoided for a fair while before they start even remotely making a loss.

wool worths can start up a shop and not make a single sale for 5 years with out a worry.

Edited by beerhead