3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!

TheNOBBLER

Yes thanks Mel and Jarrad awesome trip great effort, Vess and I will scout the pubs for you guys next year see whats legit as we will be probably getting there an hour early like we did this year.

Hey raven good to see you made it home safe.

Tallied up the kms last night and checked my fuel consumption

Total trip from filling the tank thursday night at the morphettvale mobil driving to the start of the freeway and then the whole trip via coming home doing the rest of the great ocean rd via portland,Mt gambier,beach port,robe,kingston,salt creek,meningie and down through wellington,strath,clarendon back home to morhpettvale 1775km. costing $180 in fuel total.

Tried something out on the way home from warnambool where we filled the tank and next top up in mt gambier only used 12 litres of fuel

Then with a full tank from Mt gambier to home we sat on 95km/h soaking up the sights and stopping and getting out in some awesome beach towns we managed to get 25-30L of fuel used for 493km, 8hours with 1 1/2 hours of stopping at beachport/robe/kingston to cheack out the beaches and lookouts.

running a 4.11 diff at 95km/h at 3000rpm, will check the backyard might drop a 3.9 in it next year.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice economy there, I don't even want to know how much i spend on fuel but i traveled about 1150kms.

I went to sleep when i got to Geelong and Nicola drove the rest of the way home so it was a pretty easy trip for me :hmm:

lol you let Nicola drive your car.

I don't know about you but my stress levels skyrocket when I let someone else drive my car and then I can't sleep in the passenger seat regardless of how tired I am.

I don't know about you but my stress levels skyrocket when I let someone else drive my car and then I can't sleep in the passenger seat regardless of how tired I am.

haha. you're the opposite to kate...her stress levels increase when i drive her in either of our cars. but when someone else is driving, she's fine.

X 2.

i don't really like other people driving my car full stop... but obviously there are times when it will inevitebly happen..... like when you break your ankle at a music festival.... hahah

but seriously, i think knowing that the other person appreciates cars as much as you do is such a bonus... like... they know that you're edgy about them driving it... so wont missbehave, or you'll take your time... etc etc.

Best Weekend Ever.

that sums up my GOR trip.

the odometer displayed about 1400kms total driving, often on the limit throught the spectacular twisties that the area provides.

the car didn;t miss a beat, i only needed to adjust one screw on the way home when a window started rattling.

It was great to meet the South Australians that came over, they're a great bunch, and would be good if some more came over next year too.

Thanks Jarrad and Mel for organising a great trip.

i'm there again next year for sure. :D

-dave

Hey Guys!!

What another wicked, awesome and great GOR cruise. Hats off and thanks to you Jarrad n Mel for all your efforts. It just gets better n better :yes:

Thank you to the rest of you for your company, conversations and fun times :) :party: . Oh............. and the votes for the Funnel award :D I worked real hard for

that :jamie:

I apologize if I didn't get around to meeting everyone or forgotten your name when I see you next. It always takes a couple of times before I get it right. Probably too many beer

bongs. :hmm:

Thanks again and Cheers

LB :cool:

Special thanks to Jarrad and Mel for organising such a great event.

Was awesome to meet everyone, Good to be able to put some faces to names.

Thanks to all those who let me passenger in their cars, Was an awesome lineup of cars!

Will definitely be there next year.

Anyone who wants to see the pictures I took, I'm uploading them to my Facebook account (PM me for further details).

Justin...........

Please excuse me for not reading all 20 odd pages again but who do i organise purchasing T shirts from ?

thenobbler is the one to contact for tshirts

hahah @ me drinking can of mother while driving :D

was it a "special" can of mother???

Edited by dfunkt