3rd Annual Great Ocean Rd Cruise!

TheNOBBLER

I second the motion!!!! This plan sounds great to me. I don't mind the drive over as long as we get some time to recover otherwise all we are gonna want to do is sleep the whole way through the cruise! BRING ON PORT FAIRY!!

Hey Raven - I really think we need to have a chat about the SA side of it (along with any other SA cars) to workout what would be easiest for all that want to travel together.

Sounds like a plan. Last time we met at the Mobil on the corner of Glen Osmond & Portrush Roads, stocked up on food/drink and left from there, which was by far the easiet way to travel together, which I think would be a good idea to stick to the same thing next year.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, check this out! A week of working late on the wags and no net access and we have a fair bit going on here!

The Port Fairy idea is great, was a place I had looked at and have been to as they have a big rod run there every year. I will be getting to accomodation soon!

As for travel, running inland to Port Fairy and then cruising the GOR to Lorne for a day trip and back with the SA crew would be great, then back either inland or on the GOR to Melb at the end.

As per Tate, brain fade has settled in after a week of very late nights! Will get back to you all on accomodation. Cheers for the research Tate, you didnt let me down!

JP

Alright, check this out! A week of working late on the wags and no net access and we have a fair bit going on here!

The Port Fairy idea is great, was a place I had looked at and have been to as they have a big rod run there every year. I will be getting to accomodation soon!

As for travel, running inland to Port Fairy and then cruising the GOR to Lorne for a day trip and back with the SA crew would be great, then back either inland or on the GOR to Melb at the end.

As per Tate, brain fade has settled in after a week of very late nights! Will get back to you all on accomodation. Cheers for the research Tate, you didnt let me down!

JP

Fully agree I'm up for it. we are sorting our camping gear in the next month or so.

hey guys i've missed out the last 2 years due to the fact I was still on my L's...depending on my where abouts next year due to the fact I'm off with the army in 8 days and have no idea where I will end up I am very keen on bringing my bird turd yellow ke55 along. Just curious as too roughly what costs were last year all up? :)

3 tanks of fuel (for a rolla at most, 8 if you're planning on bringing a boat :)) around $200 for 3 40L tanks at country prices.

camping wasn't much, including one morning's brekkie, less than $100 for the two nights

whatever food you decide to eat for the weekend, including snacks and main meals, maybe $100 - $150

total = $450 MAXX

i'd budget for that, but realistically, it'll probably be closer to $350

Edited by dfunkt

Tate managed to get another boat joke in... nice work! And, I think 8 tanks is a bit on the conservative side!

$450 MAXX is just that, the maximum cost. It shouldnt really cost you that much but if it has I hope you have had one hell of a weekend!!!!

Well, that really depends on what you like to spend your money on.

The accomodation cost will always be cheap, we camp for that reason. If you have all of your camping gear then it will not cost you anymore but if you don't have anything you will have to factor a tent etc into your costs.

Fuel will be dependant on your car but as Tate has said it will be pretty cheap for everyone bar myself!

One morning breaky will be included in the cost for the weekend (that includes the breaky, accomodation and helps with the goodies bags and awards) but the rest will be up to you. You can buy up big and share with some mates or get out and about and buy pub meals all you like, completely up to you. Mind you, we will most likely have one big night out which will include a meal and drinks etc so this has to be accounted for.

There will be plenty more info for everyone as we go, so keep an eye out for updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...