Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me just say i LOOOOOOVE CAMPING!!! :fuzz:

I have got enough camping stuff to fill my car and the roof racks and half a 6x4 trailer!

I have 4 tents, 240v genorator, a shower and plenty more... even got the kitchen sink lol

pretty sure tenting it is no problem just wondering if tenting in a paddock or a a caravan park so there will be a shower ?

i know you guys still thinking about the where and who just the missus asked thats all :bash:

Shower there will be, don't have to worry about that.

We wont be camping in a padock as such, we will always be in a proper caravan park with all facilities. Will be close to town to make it easier to get back to bed after a night out etc etc.

Make sure you check out the other two threads from the previous years to give you an idea.

JP

Alrighty everyone, how are we all?

I have been chatting to a few fellow members and other people around the place and have a couple of ideas for places to stay.

The main one would have to be Apollo Bay again. This was a great spot with good beaches, a saturday morning market, the GOR must... the carnival, and lastly but certainly not least it has some pretty good pubs for our bench racing sessions!

Accomodation wise I have been searching around the place for somewhere to stay and always came back to the place we stayed last year. The name of the place I can't remember but I will check the old posts for it. All of the other places to stay are either further away from town or they are Vans and cabins only with little room for us all... one is even in the middle of town but it not for us I don't think... I will get back in contact with the owners of the place to see if they would still be interested as they were very happy with us last time.

Apollo bay would also give the SA members a chance to do the ocean rd again and gives us a good sopt to take day trips from eyc. There is a couple of decent touristy drives through the rain forrests twisties that take from 2 to 3 hours if thats something we would like to do.

Also, accomodation wise I would try to make sure we don't end up on the edge of the oval again!

ANother place to stay would be Lorne. Much closer to Melbourne it is a big tourist spot and has some great beaches nearby but with the good stuff comes the bad stuff. Accomodation is hard to get into but would be good once were in, it is also more expensive. That said, it would be a pretty cool place to stay but it does cut our drive down to next to nothing and that kind of defeats the point.

Port Campbell is also on the list. I don't have a great deal of info on this place although I know it is a smaller town of about 2500 people yet has some pretty nice places around it etc. WIll get back to you all on this place.

Ok, thats some of my stuff for you, what do you all have? :lol:

JP

Just keep in mind the 10+ hour drive us SA members had to do when we went to Apollo Bay last year.

Wasnt exactly a fun drive and I had to recover with an afternoon nap and people yelling and talking around the tent n shizzle.

Just keep in mind the 10+ hour drive us SA members had to do when we went to Apollo Bay last year.

Wasnt exactly a fun drive and I had to recover with an afternoon nap and people yelling and talking around the tent n shizzle.

yeah meet closer to half way for the sa people

i put together a toymods gor cruise

was good, got into apollo bay about 2ish, so could definately push on to port campbell in a day

am happy to help organise too, the route was good last time